Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with my New/Used Explorer XS

Today I went out for the first time to really try out the Explorer..
decided to take it to a park that has been hunted hard for a long time.Figured if I found something good ,maybe it was worth it.Well much to my surprise I did, found 2 mercs in an area I could see somebody had been there within a week or so. a 41 and 43. found all the nickels in one hole.I think Im going to like this machine although it seems that it will take some time getting used to.I then went to an old school,same thing..hunted hard in the past,but i couldnt get the threshold to come back to ID.I dont know what to do in this instance.I pinpointed 1 signal and the ground was like cement.and seemed like it may have had coal ashes in the soil.The school used coal to heat.Any ideas on adjustments so I can hunt this place? I tried noise cancel but didnt improve much at all...stan

Stan,im not a expert but I dont know any one that finds much in old coal or klinkers it just falses most of the time.You might be able to find down to 6" maybe.Just my opion.Congrats on nice finds.
crowduck