Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Garmin GPSmap 60Cx - 1 gig micro SD card?

Gord (Tecumseh)

I recently replaced the standard 64mb SD card with a 1 gig card. Since my travel is mainly through eastern Canada and the U.S. it was a pain to constantly have to delete and replace maps using MapSource City Select North AMerica. After replacing the card, I proceded to download everything from S. Ontario through to the east coast of Canada and from the Detroit, Mi area south to the gulf and east to the Atlantic coast. My question is, will all of the data on the card have any impact on the performance of the 60Cx?
With the 64 mb card, I could not download enough maps from the software to cover a trip to North Carolina which took one route down and another back because the card was too small to hold all the info.

It should be OK. I have almost 2G maps loaded on my Rino 530 HCx and it works perfectly fine. I thing that the unit only loads RAM with the sector it is actual using at a given moment.

I'll be taking a trip to Connecticut in a week or so and I'll find out fast enough if everything is ok. Good to hear that someone has loaded large files to their GPS.