Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Good idea, the original post..

A

Anonymous

was on October 11th in the Explorer Classroom forum. I wrote that rusty nails ID as coins. I was having a problem with rusty nails and iron deeper than six inches ID'ing on the Smart Screen in the upper right and giving a high tone just like a coin. It got to the point where I was digging up pounds of iron every outing and not too many coins.
Many people responded to the post with a wealth of information. Here are the first few changes I put in place to stop digging so many nails, iron, etc.
The tone for rusty nails and iron is high like a coin but it tends to be a monotone signal with no variance at all. In other words the signal may come and go but it only shows up in the top right corner of the smart screen and the audio signal doesn't change tone or pitch at all. Coins on the other hand (when they are six inches or deeper) have a bit of variance in the tone and the signal on the smart screen. The pitch of the sound may move up and down a bit or give multiple tones (the flutey sound) but the sound is sweeter and a bit more rounded. The sound of falsing with rusty iron tends to be flatter and a bit harsh or screechy around the edges.
-Neil Crowley