Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gotta Love Grandma's Yard!

ToneTime

[attachment 301726 1414279792280.jpg]
[attachment 301727 1414279844416.jpg]
I took the silver Umax over to my grandma's yard after I got back from pheasant hunting today. It was a good day all around. I got a pheasant and my first silver quarter. I just made it 1964. I also got 2 wheat Penny's, a nickel and some neat antique car tokens amoung other things. I had the silver set disc between iron and foil with the sensitivity in the orange. On the quarter it was 6-7" deep and gave a broken signal. When I flipped the toggle to all metal the sound solidified. I dug and out come the quarter. I then rechecked the hole and got the same much more broken signal in disc foil/iron setting. There was a clump of foil right in the side of the hole which explains the choppy signal at first. It was above the quarter. Bottom line is I had a lot of fun today!

Nice going on your first silver quarter!:cheers: From the looks of your finds it looks like you have a great place to detect. Keep-um coming!

tabman

Hey! Stay out of my mom's yard.I think that quarter was mine even though I was born in 69. Briar says that you're welcome for the pheasant.

Nice hunt, I like that car token....luckily it isn't all corroded from being buried like most aluminum tokens you find....cool find.
Is that a rear rifle sight in the first pic to the lower left of the car token ? Congrats on the first silver quarter. The Silver µmax is a great little detector......HH

Roger

The car tokens I found out were done by Sunoco gas stations. It was like a series they had going on a good while back. Joe dirt 1 I am not sure what that object is that you thought looked like a rear rifle sight. I can see where your coming from but it is attached to an octagonal piece near the center. Thanks guys for your comments.

Nice job on the hunt. I am gonna have to try that switching to all metal and listening to the tone their also. Sounds like a good idea.

that is nice