Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

GS 5C hi/lo tone and tone reversing

Reg

Hi Eric,

Information was recently posted on another forum from a GS 5 owner who used the high tone switch setting to look for small gold in a junk infested area. As he pointed out not all ferrous junk is eliminated in that tone mode. Unfortunately, there is a percentage of thin metal trash such as parts of old rusty tin cans that will cause a high tone signal right along with the low conductor objects such as small gold. Fortunately, most of this ferrous trash stays close to the surface and as a result will generate a very strong signal when the coil is close to it. Generally, the tone change is much greater on the ferrous trash than on a desirable object.

What I found is I can reverse the tone so normally small high tone gold will now create a low tone. I then lower the gain and search slowly. Generally, the small ferrous junk that responds like a small piece of gold will create a much lower stuttering signal response if the coil is close to it, while small gold has a much smoother signal with less of a tone change. This takes a little practice to find the best settings but it can help with separating small gold from the tin can type junk.

Reg