Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:help:Pinpointing Question

I seem to be having problems pinpointing,Sometime I am right on the money and most of the time im way off,so far off that I have given up trying to find several targets.I know the lay of the coin has a lot to do with it.Shallow targets arent quite so bad but the deeper ones are driving me crazy.And digging a crater is not an option,at least in the city park.Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated.I have ordered the "Mastering the Minelab Explorer Xs and S."should have it the first of the week.
Thanks Stan in Colo

Hi Stan,

Watch the depth bar on the left of the screen. When the bar is the highest for the target you're hearing you should be centered over it.

It shouldn't be.

Hello Stan,
Lots of folks seem to have trouble pinpointing with the Explorers. I guess I lucked out and figured it out easily. The Sun Ray pinpointer helps tons too.

Here is how I pinpoint and I am usually within a 3"x6" plug/hole. Make sure you have the coil off to the side of the target. Hit pinpoint and slowly move the coil over the target, narrow the sweep down to just three inches over the target. It will be the loudest directly over the target. You can get a size indication off of how wide the pinpoint signal is. Stop in the middle of the loudest point and put the coil down on the ground. Now move the coil straight back toward you until you loose the pinpoint signal. Move the coil straight back over the target until you hear the signal again. This is the part you may be missing. The target will be directly under the Logo on the coil (not in the center of the coil). Of course it is recommended that you center the target one way and then turn 90