Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey James! I got my first merc. . . .:detecting:

ejudasf

Found my first merc yesterday with the X-terra 70 and stock coil.

I was using pattern 2 with 99 tones, and tracking.

I also learned that this configutration helps alot with finding nickels. Any 'warble' on the tone, more than likely trash. Solid tones are good.

Will be waiting the arrival of my 5X10 coil. I can't wait.

Personally, I found the 2-tone audio to be my favorite with the X-Terra 70, and the Multi-Tone (errantly named '99' tone) feature really best for hunting if coins are shallower.

Deeper coins or masked coins or mixed coins (also a masking issue with more than one coin together) will easily NOT produce a 'lock-on' with the TID or with the audio tones if they are too deep, in bad ground, on an odd angle and other reasons.

Until you really master the X-Terra 70 (or any detector for that matter) never rely on audio or visual ID to make a dig/no-dig call for you.

Just some thoughts.

Monte

there will be a lot more 'solid' tones to dig with the Xterra70! I'll call later with news on my new 10" DD coil!!!! I found this ring with it today.It is a nice boys ring. The dime is for size...[attachment 40858 MVC-147S.JPG]