Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I learned soemthing new.:yo:

ejudasf

I know some of you already know this, and I was "explained" about this over the phone a few months back.

I am using the Sov Elite with the silent search mod on it. I also have a remote pin-point button that puts the machine in teh opposite mode that it's set on. Nice set up actually.

Anyway, I was hunting a local park where I work. I found my first merc dime there a few weeks back. Anyway, I have been hunting the same area with my Sov Elite, and the X-terra 70. Keep in mind that I have hunted the same general area for abount an hour after work.

Well, I first used the Sov and pretty much cherry picked the coins I knew on my meter. I did this a few times. Then I used the X-terra 70, and couldn't believe the coins I missed. I used the X-70 a few times. Then I went back to use the Sov again. This time though, I learned what some of you were saying about the deep, soft, BUT repeatable high tones.

When swinging "normally" I would get a "HINT" but ignored it. I have learned that the Sov does tell when there is a High tone mixed up in trash. When the HINT is heard, and after a while you do learn to hear it, it's just a matter of investigating with a smaller "Sovereign Swing" and if the meter climbs, dig it.

I really just learned that technique and started to dig over 7 inches for wheat pennies, which tells me I need to go back and hunt slow for the weak signals taht are there but would seem to be a 'false' signal.

I hope I sparked up someone's intrest to try for themselves and learn something new.

Laterz

ed

Go slow if you want the deep ones and listen to those faint signals that when doing the Sovereign wiggle will start to climb and the tones and meter reading may not be the correct one, but are trying to climb. After you have used the Sovereign for a while you will know when you go over one of these deep signals as you will hear that hint of a good tone if you are going slow enough for the Sovereign to see them. If you are swinging faster you will miss them as the Sovereign don't have time to see them before it sees the next target.
One thing to remember with the Sovereign is you can not go too slow, but easy to go too fast.
It was a good learning experience for you to see this happen and now I hope you will find many more great coins that are deep.

Good luck!!

Rick

That I have read it over and over, but until a person experiences it, they won't know.

I too hope to find some nicer finds with my new found experience.

ed

You almost have to suck those deepies out of the ground with patience a slow swing and the Sov. wiggle as it really works..Rick ND over time has thought me a lot as he is the closest we have to a Sov. Guru and those new Sov users or Sov users in general might copy his post and make a scrapbook out of them. Yep he also is a very good man when its comes to an Explorer..In reallity if he posts something take it to the bank keeping in mind mineralization differs from area to area and this must be taken into consideration.

Been having some chest pains for a few months and kept putting it off and hadn't did much detecting for the last few month, but hope to next year and learn even more about my GT and my Explorer to pass on some info.
I just got out of the Hospital a couple of hours ago and they found I had 3 blockage, so they put in 3 stents and told me it was a good thing I came in when I did as I was very close to a severe heart attack. It was quick as I went in Thursday morning a 6 and they released me at 2 today.Very sore in the groin area right now where they had to go in to a arteries, but still better than open heart, so I hope to be out in the spring and kick some butt.
I just hope when the bill comes I don't have a heart attack as no insurance, almost did when I found out my pills will cost over $300 a month.

Good to be back reading the forums and answering question(that is I hope I am)

Rick

Now I wish I hadnt just eaten a pork roll sandwich:razz:
We all gotta watch what we eat and excercise for sure but I do wonder.....in this months AARP bulletin they mention a guy who just passed away at the age of 112 whose diet consisted mainly of sausages and waffles.

Best of health to you Rick and sure hope that bill isnt to big.....

Neil

It's good that it's taken care of in time.

That kind of stuff creeps up on you. Took a trip to the ER to get me to a doctor.

Take care. Best wishes.

Art

At 68 I bowl the oldtimers league and can name you at least a dozen or more fellows had same done with excellent results..A word to the wise shortness of breath or chest pain go see your Doc..ASAP.
I have had diabetes for 25 years and make frequent trips to the Doc. with lots of blood work so with meds and watching my diet all my numbers are excellent, but the old diabetic legs just aren't what they used to be and my hunting trips are shorter...Take care of youself and have a nice holiday season...keep up the good posts as they benefit all of us...Newbie or Oldbie.....

Hi Rick,
Glad to hear you are feeling better. I have followed your post for some time now and have always liked reading your comments. You are truely a asset to the MD community and very well spoken.:crylol:

I had a heart attack over the 4th of July weekend. They put in a stint and was only in the hospital for 4 days. Two weeks later I had another heart attack. They put in two more stints. The medicine they where giving me was making me very ill and for a time I thought it was time to check out. I stopped taking the medicine and just started eating healthy and doing alot of detecting to stay in shape. Walking the beach does wonders.:wiggle: Don't think I have ever felt better infact. Now if I can just keep my pipes from clogging up again I should be ok. Just a note to all the younger crowd. Start eating healthy now not after you flop over like us oldies...:(

Anyway good luck to you and get well soon :drinking:

Steve :detecting:

Hey guys . . . I've had my Sovereign Elite for a little over a year now and I'm just starting to get the hang of it . . . it's taken me this long to realize that in order to find what others have missed I have to slow down my swing and shorten my sweep distance . . . your right Rick when you say it's easy to go too fast . . . I'm posting a pic of a half reale that I dug that was a few inches from a large chunk of iron . . . I had been over the spot a few times and missed it until I slowed myself down . . . and it was the wiggle that made me dig . . . :wiggle:

I think you are now seeing what going slow and listening can do as the Sovereign is a great detector once you learn it a little and go slow as great finds can be found where others say are cleaned out.

Good Luck and it is great to see one of these being found.

Rick

Rick is the man when it comes to the Sov. he sugested the ML Coin search coil over the stock 8" and it made a big difference in finds. Then I added the S12 coil and for the black sand we have here in the NW the Elite does not even see the blk sand. I find coins that others have missed that are in the 7" to 8"in blk sand.
"Rick is the Man" Get well Rick there is to much diggin' to do!
Keith