Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ID THIS FIND

A

Anonymous

David, I have found an object in an area where lots of CW relics were found. The object appears to be made of brass. It mics around .69 and is 1 3/16" tall and has a conical base like a minie. It has a hole going clear through the side of it (aprox. 3/16" in diameter)and is threaded at the top (this hole is approx. 1/4" in diameter). I have attached a picture of it with a .58 cal. Gardner minie for comparison. Can you ID this object?
Thanks,
Scott

Scott: From the shape and hole, it's from a foreign firearm probably Austrian, Belgian or Prussian. Probably from the 1840s and brought to this country in the early part of the CW. Check to see if your CW activity in your area is from 1861 to 1862. Caliber .70 to .71. Nice find.
DP

I agree with Dave and John, and foreign import would be my guess too. Do a search on the Net for antique firearms parts dealers. I bet someone can tell you exactly what gun it's from. Good hunting, David @ Dixie