Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Information on the Outlaw!

ToneTime

I thought I would post my experience with the outlaw the other day, it could help someone out if they experience a similar problem. I was just out in the yard messing around with the Outlaw and noticed some strange noises in the disc mode. It was a continuous sound that would pulsate over a target. I thought what could this be so I threw down a coin to check and it would make a weird pulsing noise over the coin even if I stopped movements in disc. I knew something wasn't right so I turned the detector off and back on again. The speaker sounded all distorted and wavering but the batteries test tone lasted just as long as it normally does. I then decided to turn the detector off and go back in the house. Later on I turned it back on and it sounded fine in the house. I tested it for a while and all sounded good then all the sudden the wavering noise in disc came back. I shut the detector down and back on again and sure enough the speaker sound was totally distorted. I thought could it be the battery because the duration was just as long as it has been. I replaced the battery and did several further test and also tested the next day and all was good. It was the battery, I tested it with the meter and it was only 6.6volts. For some reason on the outlaw the battery test sound duration did not change as the battery got weaker. So from now on I will have to keep this in mind, if I hear distortion the battery is weak. Maybe it's just my machine but thought I would let any Outlaw owners know to help keep them from having the same problems

Mine was like that to , scared me at 1st, thanks for sharing that .