Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Advantage

Hi all I know this is an Explorer forum,but can anybody give any info
on an advantage.How well does it handle iron,my main concern.how deep will it go etc,if you have ever used one,tell me your likes and dislikes...thank stan

The Advantage is a VERY VERY good detector. It is highly rated amongst us who use it.

It will find coins in iron square nail hell. You can run the disc all the way up to where it will only find silver and copper and it will not lose depth nor will this reduce the speed at which you swing. It resets FAST!

I have made some very nice finds with my Muskateer Advantage that none of my other detectors have found in the same area used by them.

It will, in Michigan soil where I live, hit on coins down to around 10" deep. But you need to know what to listen for. If you have your disc all the way clockwise so it picks up only copper and silver you listen for any difference in the sound. I'm not talking about a null but a positive whisper or windy kind of sound like someone blowing softly in your ear. That is a sound to dig. I have found deep silver with that sound.

For bottle caps that sould like silver, raise the coil about 5 inches and rapidly swing back and forth over the target. If it disappears it is rusty bottle cap or bent rusty nail. If it remains it might be good so dig it.

I have read a lot of good reports on other forums, and seen some very nice finds. From what I remember it is great in disturbed ground such as plowed fields etc.

G'day stan.
Digger over on the X-Terra forum is also a huge fan of the Advantage. He can also help you out with any questions you've got. He also wrote a long article called Hunting With the Musky Made Easy which I think is on the Minelab home page. It will give you a very good idea on what the Musky is all about.
Mick Evans.

My Musky's are my favorite Detectors. They work anywhere. Good ground bad ground,beaches,iron infested sites,plowed ground or undisturbed ground. Very deep seeking also. Here's mine.