Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My x-terrable 30

argyle

Terrable as in bad is good and sick is cool or however they say it nowdays. It is not often that I are immediatly impressed with a detector, it may have something to do with watching the dvd promo a few dozen times before I bought the detector but I took to the thing straight away. A good piece of marketing on Minelabs part there, well thought out!!!. I had to change the grip, shaft and armrest to suit myself but that's only personal preference as I tend to do that with nearly every machine I get.
Just nearing the end of the second charge of the nimh batteries, trying differing ground and digging all repeating signals, and have come to the conclusion that it is a very trustworthy machine indead, a real little coin bomb. Very suited to the manicured lawn work that I originaly bought it for and excelling at other spots a few TID detectors have let me down at times. Can't wait for a small D/D coil.

HH
[attachment 19770 DSCF4110.JPG]

Hi Rusty. It's a Minelab straight shaft and handgrip, and an armrest from an early M/L unit, the same as a musky armrest, a favorite armrest for me as they have a perfect width and length for my forearm. The x-terra's armrest was way to wide and skinny, and I hate being straped in to a coin detector. I had to get the terra's boxrest welded on from a local welder as I cannot do aluminium welding, and I was a bit worried of the heat melting the inner plastic sleeve so I asked him just to tack it on solid in four places, he must of forgot and welded it all round the base and melted the inner quite badly. I had to re-smoothe the inner hole to fit the box's shaft in, it only just made it. Lucky me.

HH

[attachment 20031 DSCF4152.JPG]
[attachment 20030 DSCF4151.JPG]
[attachment 20029 DSCF4155.JPG]