Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked up a modded Cibola

I picked up a modded Cibola with a ground balance and an all metal/normal switch under the box. I've been using the 8" and 5.75 concentric and am loving it.

Also have a Tejon and Lobo St with ground balance adjusted inside. It made the Lobo as powerful as the Tejon.

Tesoro is my favorite detector in iron trash.

This weekend found a coal iron with LST using 8" coil.

Rick

Have:
Nokta Impact
Nokta Relic
T2 Classic
Tesoro's
Surfmaster II vlf
1236x2

Good job Rick,

Tesoros are great in iron trash, don't have a LST Lobo but do have a modified original Lobo and it too is a screamer in iron trash.

Looking forward to reading more of your future hunts, both Lobo and Cibola, both are great!

Paul

Here's what I found in the evening last weekend. The coal iron. Never heard of one till then

The small piece on right of the 22's looks like it might be gold. Needs to be tested.

Rick

That's a nice iron, I've found several in my day but never one like yours.

I've been using the elliptical widescan, but need to get another coil as I know their are better coils for Iron separation. Maybe I need to look at the 8"?

Overall, very pleased with my original Lobo it's extremely hot both sensitivity and depth. Auctally have two original Lobo's now, but my first one is much hotter than this recent Lobo I picked up.

Appreciate you sharing your experience with the new version Lobo, I've come close to Getting one a few times but never pulled the trigger.

Take care,
Paul

The 8" concentric coil is great. I like it better than the 9x8. My ground is mild though. Concentric seem to bring Tesoro's alive compared to wide scans in my ground.

Mine has the long cord so I can take the LST in the water to about chest deep.

I also like the Alkali all metal mode. A couple sweep over iron and it's gone. An great feature I like. I like using this mode too.

Rick

With the coal iron you take the top of and fill it up with hot coals so can iron clothes for a long time.

I never heard of it before. I heard now that they still use them in India.

Rick