Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Please,don't kill the Messenger.

Greg(E.Tn)

Good article

I purchased my first AR-15 around 1990 or so, not because I was enamored with military style weapons, or out of defiance of the government. I just figured it would be a good gun to defend my home and my country with.

Since the time of the original colonies, citizens have been allowed to own the same weapons the military use, so long as they could afford them. This has held true from the time of the Brown Bess Musket to the Gatlin Gun and Mauser. I think it would still hold true today if it hadn't been for the criminal element of the 1920's--30's using them to rob banks and kill cops.

I think of the AR platform as kind of a "multi-tool"---it's handy in different scenarios--from target shooting to home protection to hunting.

Personally, I think if a little old lady felt she needed a full-auto Uzi to defend herself with, she should be allowed to have it, so long as she doesn't have a felony criminal history and uses it for home defense. Conversely, I believe if that same little old lady used the gun to commit a crime she should spend at least ten years behind bars.

GeorgeinSC

I have never purchased one. The lady who I have been married to for nearly 56 found out that I desired to own one and purchased it for me. It was a nice Christmas present. Then this past Christmas she SENT me to a South Carolina companies store saying Go buy yourself a Christmas present. Now who would turn down an offer like that. A pretty 9mm decided to follow me home.

Micheal_R

Staff member
I have never purchased one. The lady who I have been married to for nearly 56 found out that I desired to own one and purchased it for me. It was a nice Christmas present. Then this past Christmas she SENT me to a South Carolina companies store saying Go buy yourself a Christmas present. Now who would turn down an offer like that. A pretty 9mm decided to follow me home.
You have a good woman there George.. a definite keeper... :) .. I have no desire to own the AR-15.. but the fact that I do not want one does not

mean that I think others should not.. It is a popular rifle.. and well liked.. Anyone who wants one should have the opportunity to acquire one.. even

up here .. north of 49

Calm seas

Micheal