Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Reward & Advice

SeabeeRon

I have never tried coin roll hunting so I need some advice. On the beach this morning I found a very nice Blackberry cell phone device. I called the the last number that came up and left a message. A little bit later I got a call back from the owner who was still in town staying at a motel near the beach. I told him I was still on the beach detecting and he could come and get his device. He did, and as I went to shake his hand he slipped me two $20's!! I said there was no need, but he insisted.

So, now to my question. I'd like to purchase some coin rolls with that money. Are any of them better than others as to the chance of finding older coins? I mean Quarter or Dimes or Nickels or Pennies??

ok this may sound impossible and not practible but if you can weight your coin rolls with newer clad and record it....then go to where ever you buy the coin rolls..(bank)....?....any way....ask to weigh them first...and then buy any that weighs less than the recordings you have....chances are you will either get some canadian or other forein coins or just maybe some older silver coins which are lighter.....get it?.....just a suggestion....

hunting is fun and rewarding$$$. My friends all buy what is known as a (box)of .50 cents cost $500..
Ask your bank to order a box or to two for ya. No service charge of course. Good luck!

can 50 cent coins are good becouse thay have silver in them up too 1970 so the chance of getting at least a few good coins in the rolls
are better then the smaller coins becouse thay are in curculation longer so people pice the silver out more often also pennys are good too as alot of people forget about the wheaties and cash them in as rolled coins hope this helps,I've done well on the wheaties and a friend of mine found a 1909s vdb in a roll of wheaties he searched

[size=medium]Hi deeman, question my wife asked me to post. Are the coin rolls that are machine rolled with the rounded paper edge and exposed coin on each end able to produce 1970 or older? She was wondering if the place that machine rolls these coins determines which ones are silver or clad? Have you pulled any pre 1965 coins from the machine rolled .50 rolls? Thanks, Tim[/size]

that might work if thay had a way to weigh them as for the canada coins just use a magnet as thay will stick to it (thats what my bank uses to check my clad coin rolls that i bring into have cashed for more battery money lol) the more you can buy at a time the better your chances at a good roll