Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray S-12 vs Excellerator II 12.5. . . .:surrender:

ejudasf

Anyone know the performance of these 2 coils head-to-head?

They cost the same. Same style, Double-D. Should be same size as well.

Thanks.

ed

I have used the S12 and did the field test for Ralph for park hunting with the S12 and this is the best bigger coil I have used. I never tired the Excelleator coil on the Sovereign and never heard of anyone doing anything great with them, but do know you will find it very hard to find a used Sun Ray S12 coil as those that have them are keeping them.
I was surprised as how well the S12 will separate targets in some of the parks I used it at that had some modern trash in and got very good depth too, the weight was not heavy either and feel the stock BBS10 coil of Minelab was heavier also.

im sure both coils would give you the same performance. i use the sunray 12's on both the GT and explorer and found them be be great coils for ground coverage and depth. lately i found that hipmounting the GT and swinging the S-12 i can detect pretty much all day.
but like i said , im sure either coil will get the same effects
stan sjmdc

And liked it very much as well. I used it on my Excal only, but wanted the 10 inch Tornado coil.

Now that I also have the Sov Elite, I would like one again, but wanted to know about the other coil, as both are pretty much the same in size and price. Difference is that I am in the "buying phase" and looking first for a used one, but if not, then a new one would be wanted, and I saw the Excellerator on ebay.

I got curious.

I hope someone has used the Excellerator and can shed some light on it.

thanks for the replies so far.

ed

I once tried a friend's 18" Excellerator coil. The coil cable was thin and too short. I didn't use it long enough to get a feel for it's performance. The friend didn't like it either and ended up selling it on eBay. I have had a 15" Coiltek WOT for years and love it. It is well made, goes deep, and is sensitive to small jewelry. Never used the Sunray coils so I can't comment on them. - John

Personally just tough to beat a Sunray product and the Sunray 12 is no exception. Expect more depth, lighter coil, super coverage and they really pinpoint well for their size...I do think they have their place in large fields or beaches where coverage is a priority...never used an Excellerator but mixed feelings at best have been coming in..
Your call of course, but get a Sunray 12 and never look back and expect superior performance.