Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SUPERSCAN MK2C with ground transmitter

A

Anonymous

Hi Eric and all,
What search procedure is with ground transmitter coil 10m x 10m (or 25m x 25m), and small receiver unit?
I see couple of problems and benefits. First, magnetic flux can not bee the same in center of ground coil, and near loop. Is they necessary to walk in spiral path from center (because of false signal), or it is not important.
What about induced polarization, because ground loop work long time on same place?
Such system is probably avoid lot of capacitance problems, because transmitter loop is static, is any false signal produced, when operator changing distance between Tx coil and ground.
At last, why is google useless for finding information about Superscan or similar Eric designs? No saits, no Pdf, no prices. I guess, wrong key words, or Eric simply not like internet marketing. Is any link for those units?
Thanks.
Jackdetect.

Hi Jackdetect,
I can mail you a copy of the instructions for the Superscan. The Superscan can use either a single Tx/Rx coil up to 1m square, or use separate coils, where one is laid on the ground as per geophysical technique. TX coils were made up to 10m square and were generally used with a 380mm Rx coil. A nylon grid was recommended inside the RX coil, and readings taken every 0.5m. It was best to ignore the last metre approaching the Tx coil because of the field near the wire generating more ground signal if magnetic minerals were present. Maybe induced polarisation would build up in some situations, but I never observed it, or had reports from others about it. I suspect it only becomes important if you have a multi-channel receiver which measures the decay curve shape. I made multichannel version of Superscan which used bipolar pulses, for an archaeological science facility, just in case it was subject to IP effects. They were doing very accurate measurements into soil magnetics.
I no longer manufacture the Superscan and, at this point in time, do not have my own website, so I suspect this is why search engines are not giving any links to my products. I shall be doing a new website soon, but all my current products, except the industrial ones, are on Surfscanner

Eric Foster said:
Hi Jackdetect,
I can mail you a copy of the instructions for the Superscan. The Superscan can use either a single Tx/Rx coil up to 1m square, or use separate coils, where one is laid on the ground as per geophysical technique. TX coils were made up to 10m square and were generally used with a 380mm Rx coil. A nylon grid was recommended inside the RX coil, and readings taken every 0.5m. It was best to ignore the last metre approaching the Tx coil because of the field near the wire generating more ground signal if magnetic minerals were present. Maybe induced polarisation would build up in some situations, but I never observed it, or had reports from others about it. I suspect it only becomes important if you have a multi-channel receiver which measures the decay curve shape. I made multichannel version of Superscan which used bipolar pulses, for an archaeological science facility, just in case it was subject to IP effects. They were doing very accurate measurements into soil magnetics.
I no longer manufacture the Superscan and, at this point in time, do not have my own website, so I suspect this is why search engines are not giving any links to my products. I shall be doing a new website soon, but all my current products, except the industrial ones, are on Surfscanner

I need the english user manual of superscan Mk2 . my email is manosrafiniotis@gmail.com thank you for your time