Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon users

supertraq

Long time users and ones that tried them and got rid of it,after giving it a fair chance.
What have you learned,tips etc.
What o you use it for,relics,coins,both.
Stock coil,small coil,bigger coil for deep cache hunting.
I'm new to the Tejon and the depth is impressive, ground balance is very touchy though.
:tesoro:

supertraq said:
ones that tried them and got rid of it

That machine goes DEEEEP and after using it for a short time and digging deep I realized I needed more info BEFORE the digging starts so I jumped to another brand............. Best you buy a long handled shovel also.

It does go deep and time and learning the language is key. When you learn the way the tone sounds for good and bad targets, volume of sound for depth, sizing the target with your coil, if a lot of big iron, then lift coil and if still loude a foot or more off ground than it may be big iron, etc. People don't give it enough time, to get proficient with any detector it takes time. Once learned thegoumd balance will be easy and you will learn trash from the good. Dig a lot until you learn, best way even with a fancy dete for to learn by digging. Good luck and enjoy

I finally Got a Tejon, I would not call it super deep , Just has good depth . I was spoiled by my Blisstool I find that the 5.75 DD was deeper than the stock 8x9 in my soil so thats what i have on it . I find it is very good at I,D ing iron for example in disc one with the disq set all the way back the beep is full sounding but if you change to disq 2 that i have set at the F in foil if the target gets short and clippy and blanks. its Iron most of the time if it is still full and repeatable its not Iron

Nancy uses the 5.75 concentric all the time. I don't think I could get her to take it off, ever! It has amazing depth and spot on discrimination. I have been using the new DD coil for a couple months, but for most hunting I think the stock coil is the best. We went to Virginia and detected for a week in 2008. I could find percussion caps at around 10" and in a hunted out site, I found a Cavalry officers cuff button at a measured 14" with the stock coil. It is possible that the new DD coil might do better in hot ground and have not tried it yet in those conditions. That's my take. DC/Id

Got about 3 years on my Tejon now, love it. Try starting with this:

http://metaldetectings.com/e107_files/public/tesoro_tejon_tips_ii.pdf

Thanks Oldguy
That is a very comprehensive article,should shave a year or so off becoming proficient.
I will not be giving up on this as its unique and that's what I needed,learning it is part of the fun.:tesoro:

Thanks Oldguy
That is a very comprehensive article,should shave a year or so off becoming proficient.
I will not be giving up on this as its unique and that's what I needed,learning it is part of the fun.:tesoro:
Excellent Information Thank You.
A new owner of a new Tejon.