Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Outlaw & Vaquero

D&P-OR

At what point on the disc knob adjustment does the Outlaw disc out (knock out) the old steel bottle caps (crown caps?-----Same question for the Vaquero?-------Thanks

On the Vaq with a DD coil most won't disc out...usually.
Using a concentric coil these things usually disc out about a hair below max disc or a tiny bit more.
For me, anyway.

Thanks REVIER-------I meant to say with a concentric coil but forgot to.------Boy, those things are tough to get out even with a concentric coil aren't they!
REVIER said:
On the Vaq with a DD coil most won't disc out...usually.
Using a concentric coil these things usually disc out about a hair below max disc or a tiny bit more.
For me, anyway.

Well I can't tell you exactly because the knobs can be moved. I have moved some of mine and set them to a certain type of coin. Here's an example. My vaquero was discing out nickels way before nickel, so I loosened the set screw and pointed the knob just above nickel when it just disced out nickels. so it's hard to say from one detector to another where on the scale on the detector things disc out because even from the factory the knobs can be a little off.
Also has alot to do with the coil. DD like the 8x11 that comes on the black vaquero's are notorious about being sensitive to caps but concentric seem to handle it better.
Also will have a little to do with tuning. Neutral GB, negative GB, super tuned, etc. Your neutral may not be my neutral either.
Sorry I can't be of more help, just wanted to let you know about what can affect how detectors handle steel caps and Rusty caps.

I like to set my disc to just under where a nickel crackles out. When I start to detect, I throw a nickel on the ground and set the disc to that. Doesn't matter whether the knob has been changed or not because this way you're not turning to a marked spot.
BB