Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The woke mob came after a federal judge

Digger

Staff member
Judge Cormac J. Carney of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, which includes Los Angeles, has been a federal judge in the nation’s largest federal court since 2003. On June 1, he began a term as chief judge of the court, a position with substantial management and oversight responsibilities for the entire court, including the district judges, the magistrate judges, the clerk’s office and probation. The position requires a close working relationship with the clerk. In a webinar that took place eight days after he assumed his duties as chief judge, Judge Carney spoke to members of the California bar about how he was adjusting to his new role. “Fortunately for me,” he reportedly said, “we have just a fabulous clerk of the court in Kiry Gray. She’s so street-smart and really knows her job.” According to the Los Angeles Times, several court staffers and attorneys were upset by the remark, which they interpreted as having a “derogatory and racially insensitive layer.” Upon learning that some people were calling for his removal, Judge Carney says he spoke with Ms. Gray and expressed frustration that “the people criticizing me were equating my well-intended use of the term ‘street-smart’ with the reprehensible conduct of a police officer putting his knee on a person’s neck.” He has publicly apologized and announced that he would be stepping down as chief judge, though he will remain a judge on the court.

Because our Founders had the foresight to give federal judges life tenure, Judge Carney will at least get to remain on the bench. But until our nation’s leaders — and particularly those liberals who claim to embrace Enlightenment principles and the free exchange of ideas — stand up and speak out against the mob, no one will be safe from this American reign of terror.

Link to the story:

Greg(E.Tn)

Judge Cormac J. Carney of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, which includes Los Angeles, has been a federal judge in the nation’s largest federal court since 2003. On June 1, he began a term as chief judge of the court, a position with substantial management and oversight responsibilities for the entire court, including the district judges, the magistrate judges, the clerk’s office and probation. The position requires a close working relationship with the clerk. In a webinar that took place eight days after he assumed his duties as chief judge, Judge Carney spoke to members of the California bar about how he was adjusting to his new role. “Fortunately for me,” he reportedly said, “we have just a fabulous clerk of the court in Kiry Gray. She’s so street-smart and really knows her job.” According to the Los Angeles Times, several court staffers and attorneys were upset by the remark, which they interpreted as having a “derogatory and racially insensitive layer.” Upon learning that some people were calling for his removal, Judge Carney says he spoke with Ms. Gray and expressed frustration that “the people criticizing me were equating my well-intended use of the term ‘street-smart’ with the reprehensible conduct of a police officer putting his knee on a person’s neck.” He has publicly apologized and announced that he would be stepping down as chief judge, though he will remain a judge on the court.

Because our Founders had the foresight to give federal judges life tenure, Judge Carney will at least get to remain on the bench. But until our nation’s leaders — and particularly those liberals who claim to embrace Enlightenment principles and the free exchange of ideas — stand up and speak out against the mob, no one will be safe from this American reign of terror.

Link to the story:
Why would he step down as chief judge? He explained his remarks. Enough said--get back to work.

If he's that sensitive he probably shouldn't be a judge anyway.

hawgdawg

People need to start hitting back at these butthurt pansies. Why are the masses bowing to these minimal few idiots. The more we give in , the more they are going to want. This is getting ridiculous.

Ronstar

The masses are watching the television news and Hollywood after hour programs which have rich actors and actresses telling what to do and how we should be more sensitive to people who gave up on fixing themselves because the make more on welfare and unemployment and other social programs you and I pay for. When I was stationed in The Netherlands in the mid 70s, those who lost jobs or were ordered by a court (civil fines) would be put to work flipping bricks on brick streets. They did this because it needed to be done and it put money in their pockets and food in their mouths. It gave them a sense of dignity. Something rarely seen these days in bigger cities.

ronaldj2

Absolutely should not have stepped down . Give em an inch they take a mile. Then the mile is just another inch and so it continues to go on unchecked. Then the laws start to change in favor of their own agendas, then our rights are be slowly taken away. It really sickening.