Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trump just walked to St Johns Church

Digger

Staff member
apparently those bone spurs that midalake was talking about have gotten much better. Surprising how some people constantly underestimate the resolve of others. It's important that you remember that, midalake.

The fire is out, but the actions of these terrorists have ignited emotions in millions of Americans.

God Bless Donald Trump. And God be with us as we save the United States of America from domestic terrorism.

Digger

Staff member
seabeeron said: That was the most disgusting, blatant attempt at a photo op I have ever seen!! l am surprised the Bible he held didn’t burst into flames!!

What a lame comment. Every President since James Madison (1816), including Trump, has attended St Johns Episcopal Church. Anti-American and Anti-Trump anarchists tried to burn it down this past weekend. Does it not bother you that these same anarchists vandalized the WWII monument and the Lincoln Memorial? Does it not bother you that they through bricks at Secret Service agents, who were trying to protect our National treasures? It sure as hell does me. If you didn't bother to listen to Trumps Rose Garden speech today, you should have. People who disrespect our churches, vandalize our National Monuments and destroy our cities have been put on notice. Your party is over. The grown ups are taking charge and people who fail to recognize that will suffer the consequences.

Confetrit

apparently those bone spurs that midalake was talking about have gotten much better. Surprising how some people constantly underestimate the resolve of others. It's important that you remember that, midalake.

The fire is out, but the actions of these terrorists have ignited emotions in millions of Americans.

God Bless Donald Trump. And God be with us as we save the United States of America from domestic terrorism.
You said it right Digger. A Great Majority of these so called Protesters are just that........Domestic Terrorists. When you begin Looting, burning Police Patrol cars, setting buildings on fire, and running through the streets in every direction causing chaos and Taunting lines of Police who are armed and dressed in riot gear.....you are NOT a peaceful protester. I realize that this will most likely hurt midasnakes feelings, for these are his chosen and many times paid people. But I don't really care. I care about as much of hurting midasnakes feelings as he cares for our country. This is the spoken TRUTH, which midasnake and folks like him know nothing about. It pleases me to no end to know how much midasnake and his chosen people Hate President Trump, and to know that after the election in November they will have 4 MORE YEARS. MAGA. Ok midasnake you can return now to your dark dingy corner in your Momma's basement and sit behind your keyboard and attempt to think of more Hateful, Dillusional, and America Hating rhetoric. November is coming.......Tic, Tic, Tic.

Confetrit

What a lame comment. Every President since James Madison (1816), including Trump, has attended St Johns Episcopal Church. Anti-American and Anti-Trump anarchists tried to burn it down this past weekend. Does it not bother you that these same anarchists vandalized the WWII monument and the Lincoln Memorial? Does it not bother you that they through bricks at Secret Service agents, who were trying to protect our National treasures? It sure as hell does me. If you didn't bother to listen to Trumps Rose Garden speech today, you should have. People who disrespect our churches, vandalize our National Monuments and destroy our cities have been put on notice. Your party is over. The grown ups are taking charge and people who fail to recognize that will suffer the consequences.
Amen. Time for the babysitting to end.

SeabeeRon

I did see the Rose Garden show.
He does not have the authority to do what he claims.
I support the peaceful protesters, not the anarchists and criminals.
Peaceful protesters were run out just so this guy could get his photo op!

Digger

Staff member
seabeeron said: He does not have the authority to do what he claims.
Ya think? :shrug:

Article 1, Section 9 states, "The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it." The suspension of habeas corpus allows an agency to hold a person without a charge. Suspension of habeas corpus is often equated with martial law. It is often argued that only Congress can declare martial law, because Congress alone is granted the power to suspend the writ. The President, however, is commander-in-chief of the military, and it has been argued that the President can take it upon himself to declare martial law. Several times in the course of our history, martial law of varying degrees has been declared. The most obvious and often-cited example was when President Lincoln declared martial law during the Civil War. This instance provides us with most of the rules for martial law that we would use today, should the need arise.

While American governors can offer their National Guard resources to the President without being ordered, the use of Active Duty troops inside the U.S. is forbidden under the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878......unless there's an emergency. The Insurrection Act allows for the President to use troops to put down insurrections or rebellions within the United States. After Hurricane Katrina, however, the Insurrection Act was amended to allow the POTUS to use federal troops to enforce the law. A presidential directive signed by George W. Bush on May 9, 2007, gives the President of the United States the authority to take over all government functions and all private sector activities in the event of a "catastrophic emergency." The idea is to ensure American democracy survives after such an event occurs and that we will come out the other end with an "enduring constitutional government." This piece of legislation is called "Directive 51."

In addition:
Executive Orders associated with FEMA that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential pen:

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

• EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
  • FEMA's powers were consolidated by President Carter to incorporate: the National Security Act of 1947, which allows for the strategic relocation of industries, services, government and other essential economic activities, and to rationalize the requirements for manpower, resources and production facilities; the 1950 Defense Production Act, which gives the President sweeping powers over all aspects of the economy; the Act of August 29, 1916, which authorizes the Secretary of the Army, in time of war, to take possession of any transportation system for transporting troops, material, or any other purpose related to the emergency; and the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, which enables the President to seize the property of a foreign country or national.

SeabeeRon

No Greg, you have it wrong. The torching was of course a horrible crime!

Trump using that location and a Bible for political points is a travesty!!

Greg(E.Tn)

It might be news to you, but Trump respects churches, religion, and Christianity, a HECK of a lot more than most Dems do.

When he was thinking about running for President back in 2012, he invited Pastor Darrell Scott and about ten other black Pastors to Trump Tower for a conference.
He told them he was struggling with the decision to run for president, and wanted them to pray for him to receive guidance--this from a recent Darrell Scott interview on Sunnie Johnson's radio program.

He never asked them for anything, and afterwords, he never spoke of the meeting in public, bragged about it, or sought to solicit any favor from it in any way.

Scott also said that several black leaders, included the "reverend" Al Sharpton, call the White House on a frequent basis to communicate, complain, and discuss religious issues with Trump.

Even though Sharpton periodically trashes Trump, Pastor Scott said he has never heard Trump say a single thing bad about Sharpton.

I know that probably doesn't mean much to you, but it's not a crime for our president to have a Bible in his hand in public, and as far as I'm concerned, not only is it refreshing, but it's HIGH TIME.

No Greg, you have it wrong. The torching was of course a horrible crime!

Trump using that location and a Bible for political points is a travesty!!

jmaclen

Trump didn't technically do anything wrong today. He can legally request National Guard troops to do just about anything listed in Diggers list on Federal land and Lafayette Square/Park is Federal property. Since he wanted to walk through it safely, he requested that the protesters move elsewhere. He could have actually walked up to the protest leaders and asked them to leave for awhile or at least had the Secret Service request a meeting. Or he could have just waited until the curfew began and there would not have been such a confrontation. Those protesters had every right to be there just like any human being that is not breaking the law did including President Trump. They of course would have said no. They were warned that they needed to move away from the park by law enforcement for national security reasons and eventually left after being heavy handedly forced out. The actual church Trump stood in front of is private property. He did not have permission to be on church property since he didn't ask for it. The sidewalk he stood on is public District of Columbia property so that was totally legal.

Idiots, imbeciles, anarchists whoever......set the nursery part of the basement on fire. Minor damage according the the D.C fire department but really stupid.

If President Trump decides to send the National Guard to any city/state without permission from the governor of that state onto private, municipal, county or state land he will need to declare an emergency situation due to a rebellion or due to a federal law not being enforced. Unlike others on this thread I have not seen an armed rebellion yet. If idiots/anarchists keep looting, burning, injuring legitimate protesters, innocent bystanders and law enforcement, I hope they get what is coming to them. George Floyd's family made that clear today in Minneapolis too. They want nothing to do with those who are doing anything besides peacefully protesting and demanding justice for their brother.

Last edited:

Digger

Staff member
jmaclen said: If President Trump decides to send the National Guard to any city/state without permission from the governor of that state onto private, municipal, county or state land he will need to declare an emergency situation due to a rebellion or due to a federal law not being enforced. Unlike others on this thread I have not seen an armed rebellion yet.
I've not seen anyone on this forum saying there was an armed rebellion yet. So lets stick to the facts. The definition of an insurrection is an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government, a refusal of obedience or order and refers to the open resistance against the orders of an established authority. The Insurrection Act allows the President, at the request of a state government, to federalize the National Guard and to use the remainder of the Armed Forces to suppress an insurrection against that state's government. It further allows for the President to do the same in a state without the explicit consent of a state's government if it becomes impracticable to enforce federal laws through ordinary proceedings or if states are unable to safeguard its inhabitants' civil rights. So, why don't you tell us how many Mayoral or Governor's curfews will have to be broken before we can determine the rioters have refused to obey an order? How many private businesses or vehicles will be destroyed before the determination can be made that a state is unable to safeguard it's inhabitants' civil rights? How many law enforcement officers have to be wounded or killed, before we can determine whether or not someone is resisting an established authority? How many Federal Courthouses or Post Offices will be vandalized or destroyed before the determination can be made that a State is not able to protect Federal laws?
As Americans, we should ALL be concerned that our civil rights are protected. But we should also be concerned that our neighborhood businesses are being vandalized, our law enforcement officers are being attacked and our cities are being burned. After a week of protests and rioting, it is time to arrest the rioters for the crimes they are committing. The politics of this whole ordeal has overshadowed the real issue. Just today, Trump makes a speech saying that, IF the States can't resolve the issues, he will use Federal resources to do so. Then, he walks across the street to stand in front of the St Johns Church, and he is criticized for using the church as a backdrop for a photo-op. He has been on television every day for the past 4 months. He doesn't need a photo op. If Governors don't step up and do what they took an oath to do, they need to step aside and let the Feds do it. And if Congress doesn't have the stomach for it, step aside and let Trump use Obama's "rules"..... all it takes is a pen and a phone.

jmaclen

Rioters doing unlawful acts have already given up many of their rights. They deserve to be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest that the laws of our country provide. "A great majority of these protesters are just that.......domestic terrorists" was written above and echoes the sentiments of several of the posters. I get that and respect your opinions. For me, the vast majority of these protesters just like the vast majority of law enforcement and the general public of this country are trying to stay within the laws of our country every minute of every day. Even when a protester chooses civil disobedience by refusing to obey a lawful curfew they expect to be arrested as many have been and very respectfully by law enforcement. These peaceful protesters are not automatically rioters or terrorists or anarchists or inciting insurrection. Many law enforcement officers, city and state leaders along with plenty of just regular people that want to see liberty and justice for all human beings in this country are taking part in these protests. The same applies to the peaceful protesters that have tried to get many of our state and local governments to speed up the process of getting our country back to work. A few people among those peaceful protesters did some stupid things but nobody got hurt thankfully unless Covid 19 was passed around unknowingly among them just like it may be with these current protests. So, my use of the words armed rebellion was too strong in relation to people commenting on this thread. But labeling lawful or even civil disobedient but peaceful, well meaning protesters domestic terrorists or anything similar to that is equally inaccurate.

Steve O

That was the most disgusting, blatant attempt at a photo op I have ever seen!!

l am surprised the Bible he held didn’t burst into flames!!
The walk outside is a symbolic action and reminder to the American people. He's basically saying we are a free nation under God and we will walk the walk to protect our nation which is our number one priority. If the States won't do it, he will.
So don't be petty SeabeeRon. .. It doesn't line up with your avatar.

Confetrit

Some of the footage that has been shown showing civilians getting the hell beaten out of them by out of control lumber wielding Thugs and kicked half to death once they fall, I personally believe this would constitute as an Armed Rebellion.....by a bunch of Thugs. This side of the so called protests hasn't been shown much by the media.

SeabeeRon

I didn't see it that way Steve. Was just stating my opinion on how I read the event.

jmaclin said it better than I could. I have never been much of a "Keyboard Warrior".

As to my avatar, I proudly served and didn't get out of the draft by having my rich daddy fake an excuse.

tvr

WTOP reports that the Park Service Police cleared Lafayette Park with smoke canisters (no tear gas) because bottles and rocks were being thrown at them and the Park Service Police did not know in advance about President Trump's visit. The park clearing was initiated because the protestors were getting violent. WTOP tends to show a liberal bias, so I'd tend to believe they are reporting this based on actual interviews with actual Park Police members.

Steve O

I didn't see it that way Steve. Was just stating my opinion :beers: on how I read the event.

jmaclin said it better than I could. I have never been much of a "Keyboard Warrior".

As to my avatar, I proudly served and didn't get out of the draft by having my rich daddy fake an excuse.
And I was just setting you straight with my opinion. There can always be a negetave spin. .. the MSM will do it 99.9% of the time. I choose to read it on the positive note.
And dammit, thanks for your service, Ron, absolutely. Love the avatar but again, in my mind your hatred for a man that's doing big for the US doesn't jive.

SeabeeRon

And I was just setting you straight with my opinion. There can always be a negetave spin. .. the MSM will do it 99.9% of the time. I choose to read it on the positive note.
And dammit, thanks for your service, Ron, absolutely. Love the avatar but again, in my mind your hatred for a man that's doing big for the US doesn't jive.
I don't "hate" him, I just believe IMHO that he is the most divisive leader we have had.

I was happy to serve, no thanks needed.