Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Using 11" DD on uMax Eldorado

Canewrap

Thinking of replacing the web coil on a recently acquired Eldorado with an 11-inch DD coil for our red dirt. Has anyone tried that with one of the uMax machines for iffy ground? Did it give reasonably good depth, like 9 to 10 inches on coin-sized targets, or is 8 inches about it?

Canewrap, this may not answer your question..........

I have used the 12X10" widescan on the Outlaw, it is great for coverage, but depth was very similar to the 8" concentric coil.

Never have been a fan of the DD/widescan coils, they seem to like the rusty steel crimp on bottle caps too much. Just my honest opinion.

If I was looking to get the greatest depth in the iron trash, the 8" brown concentric is the way to go, much better at separating than the 9X8" spider coil.

PS: If you really want more depth, the obsolete 10

Thank you, the feedback helps. Now I have some basis to work from. I think I'll look for the 8" concentric first, since hunting in a carpet of iron is a pretty normal thing for me lately.