Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

vaquero

jmaryt

hello all!
was wondering if the "vaq" has "modulated audio"?
was wondering,(if it does) about setting it up in high disc
and pound the parks! any thoughts?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

If you set the sens high all targets (deep) sound like shallow as well. No modulated tones.
I run the disc just above tab for parks and, it's great but, i live in Australia. It is a wonderfull detector
that, is light deep and can cover a lot of ground. I don't even want a meter now!

thanks! when you set your disc to eliminate tabs,do you believe you are losing some depth?
just curious!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

The higher you disc , the more depth you will loose. But not as much as you would think.

Also as far as the sounds the machine will make , watch this vid and notice the farther away the coin(object) is the quieter it will be. Either it will be a tiny object at surface or a deeper coin sized object.

This is why you dont want to crank or supertune all the time... it will sound like a compadre all the time, don't get me wrong I have a compadre too. But its very nice to have a threshold.

.[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvXO6H049wY[/video]

jmaryt said:
thanks! when you set your disc to eliminate tabs,do you believe you are losing some depth?
just curious!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

It depends on the machine. Some machines may take up to 35% depth lost at max Disc.

kool! but what about this one?
thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

yes i am aware of this,but i guess what i am asking is have you noticed this
on the VAQUERO?,and was wondering if you CAN hunt in pull tab,and it will find the good stuff in the junk at depth?
what i am thinking is the "vaq" can get decent depth while still running high disc in trashed parks,allowing me to cherry pick
for silver?..just wondering if anyone runs this way in junked parks? just sayin'..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt said:
just curious!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I use my Little Eagle shovel on all targets. My disc is always set at just above Tab and, i have no trouble getting coin sized targets at 10 in.
My Little eagle is 7/1/2 inches i believe. This is on Australian coins.
I might miss thin Gold rings but, the amount of pulltabs vs Gold vs coins work's for me.

jmaryt, I know what you asking. You want a machine that will cherrypick old deep silver in trashy parks. Out of the entire tesoro lineup the V is in my opinion the best choice, however it is also a poor choice because it is an all-purpose, relic based machine. It is hotter on iron, lead and brass than it will be on silver. Deep silver can be found with it but not without a lot of trash digging first, if you are in a trashy area. For instance, a 22. shell at say 4" deep will sound nearly identical to a silver dime at say 8" deep. I can see what you are after here, and the V is not going to cut it for you. The Vaq is an exellent machine, but it was not desighned for hunting hunted out parks with the primary target being deep, old, undeatcted silver.

thanks for your input! yes that's exactly what i have in mind!
so that being said ,is there another tesoro that will do this?
i am trying to concentrate on "beep & dig" units,as i would just rather listen to a
good hit,and know that the probability of it being a coin,or another good target
is excellent because of the disc.setting in other words,i want to "get deep",cherry pick,and
maximize my time! once again,thanks for your valuable input

(h.h.!)
j.t.

appreciate that! was wondering the same!,i am figuring that IF the vaq
has the kind of power that everyone claims it does,then one "may" be able to set the disc. high
and cherry pick old silver in parks!. a lot of detectors lose sufficient depth when set high just sayin'
apparently not the case with vaq,although apparently it's more of a all around detector as opposed to a straight coin shooter,
because of it's propensity to find small stuff at depth!..ohh well! nothin's perfect!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

after re reading your post,it hit me that the vaq is a 14 khz frequency detector,and as such,
you aere right,it would be more of a "universal" detector,although i'll bet it will still do the job!
i believe 'smart money" says try to find a "beep & dig" with a coin frequency like 6.59,or 7.8 these are perfect for findin' coins
still gonna take a look at a vaq at a dealer,i like the light weight,and it has balls too!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

are you aware of any detector that has "modulated audio",along with
a very fast processor for coin huntin in trashy sites?..thanks!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

If you are hunting with your disc at tab, you are loosing all the gold jewelry.

yes i am aware of this! just want the silver coins!

While you are looking at the v take a few minutes and try out a Deleon. For me it is a coin killer it just loves them Otie

The V will clearly ID clad or silver at the highest disc setting and run silent on all but a few types of trash.
With the exception of iffy targets, you wont wast much time digging anything but coins.
A moderate swing (maybe 2ft/sec) will net you max depth in light soil (heavy mineralization is a game changer).
I can achieve the same depth in max disc as with lower disc. Anybody with a coin bed in light to moderate soil can verify my claims.
The problem with a moderate swing is the the occasional falsing at a high sensitivity. However it doesn't take long to learn which is falsing and which is a potential target.
And a re-swipe of the target will clean it up or reveal something worth digging.

The V doesn't need modulated audio because the only audio you will hear is your desired high conductor target. Anything else will be a pop, snap, crackle, or chirp (if you even hear it).

Hope that helps
Ran

Ism said:
The V will clearly ID clad or silver at the highest disc setting and run silent on all but a few types of trash.
With the exception of iffy targets, you wont wast much time digging anything but coins.
A moderate swing (maybe 2ft/sec) will net you max depth in light soil (heavy mineralization is a game changer).
I can achieve the same depth in max disc as with lower disc. Anybody with a coin bed in light to moderate soil can verify my claims.
The problem with a moderate swing is the the occasional falsing at a high sensitivity. However it doesn't take long to learn which is falsing and which is a potential target.
And a re-swipe of the target will clean it up or reveal something worth digging.

The V doesn't need modulated audio because the only audio you will hear is your desired high conductor target. Anything else will be a pop, snap, crackle, or chirp (if you even hear it).

Hope that helps
Ran
I lose very little at my tab setting. The problem with low disc is, you will be digging a ton of trash (which takes time0 looking for rings (wich in a park are rare)

right but modulated audio gives a 'softer" it on real deep coins which is nice!
just a little more positive info that is helpful!..thanks for your input! it's good to know it will get down there for the silver in high
disc. great! just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.