Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went out with the X-terra today and came back with a 2-cent piece

[attachment 9888 xl022.jpg]The X-terra 50 has been a joy to use the past 7 days. I went down to southern Indiana to detect with Sonny Brown for a few days but as luck would have it only found a few silver dimes and lots of clad. Sonny was impressed with the X-terra as I was too. It squeezed some silver out of a place Sonny had thought was detected out long ago.

The X-terra with it's vflex technology is one sweet little machine. The ground where I live is highly mineralized and the X-terra was immune to the mineralization. It handled all areas fine and was simple to Ground Balance. The few places I hunted that are known to have electromagnetic interference was handled with no problem with the noise cancel button.

The deepest coin I dug all week, was my first coin I found, a wheat which came from the depth of 8 inches. I found the digital display to be easy to read and accurate. All my dimes came in at med-hi tone and read with a digital number of 33,36 or 39. The quarters always read a solid 42 high tone for me. The Indian pennies with their composition read 27 and 33. All the nickels read a solid 12. I did find one small .925 silver ring about the diameter of a dime which read 39 and was 6 inches deep. This is no doubt a very sensitive machine and I found myself running with a sensitivity most of the time at 16 with 20 being the highest setting. Pinpointing was easy and accurate as the depth meter was too. I can honestly say this is the best machine I have used in this category and price range. I believe once you try it, you will love it, especially for it's light-weightness which you can hunt all day with no fatigue. Minelab has a winner here for sure.

I almost forgot, I said I went out with the X-terra today and came back with an 1865 two cent piece. On my way home from detecting, I stopped at a convienance store and bought a 95 cent cup of coffee and gave the clerk a $1 bill. She gave me back what she thought was a nickel, you got it, it was an 1865 two cent piece!! When I first looked at it and saw the shield, I thought it was a shield nickel. Upon closer inspection I saw it was my first 2 cent piece. Who knows how it got in the register? I sure would of liked diggin it but I'll take em any way I can get them :)