Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Spectra V3i programs for the UK

chrishales

I am recently new to the V3i and find the onboard set programs confusing. Where can I find a program that is specific for our soil condition in the UK, without using all the whistles and flutes? My last machine was a simple turn on and go Red Heat (his first model). It is a basic machine that gives out a solid tone when a non-ferrous target is encountered, and a broken tone for iron. It is an excellent positive machine and I've used it for years. But now I've graduated to the new walkin/talking machine of the V3i. I find I am spending more time investigating iffy signals that, once dug up turn out to be either small iron or coke. I want to persevere with the V3i but, I tend to get disheartened and revert back to my old Red Heat. Does anyone have an all round setting range that allows me to spend more time digging up good positive signals rather than spurious scrap. Chris Hale.

This would be best answered by one of your countrymen. One should answer soon.

Try this program,C&J program Alter disc to accept -5 to + 94 reject -4 to -95
filters,7.5 band pass,recovery speed,45 Rx as high as you can without chatter,
run frequency at 22.5 when out yesterday with these settings ,the field was very
bad every sweep had iron,rubbish,and junk.
But did not dig them. Found roman hammered,and other bits with my mate who
also has v3i .Stick with it I had an etrac before the v3i and it had problems with
this field ..............the ferret

To chrishales from the ferret take your time with the v3 .if you rush it you will soon get fed up ,I am still learning myself,after a while you will see it all drop into place,how to program the machine. The guy you met was malc Jubb a whites man he knows his stuff. Get as much practice as you can in the field,what ever you do you cannot damage the softwear you can erase and start again...Cheers.....

I know there are more UK guys out there. Help if you can.

I mate im a V3 user from sunny Doncaster, ive got a program on" Rogers-Relics" forum, i call it the (Iron Grunt program ),its a 2 tone program thats easy on the brain if you know what i mean, its seems to work better for me than any other program ive tried ,log on to " Rogers-Relics" its one of the best UK metal detecting forums ,always plenty of people willing to help. hope i dont get in trouble for mentioning other Forums ,or maybe this ones not as strict as Whites!!!

chrishales said:
I am recently new to the V3i and find the onboard set programs confusing. Where can I find a program that is specific for our soil condition in the UK, without using all the whistles and flutes? My last machine was a simple turn on and go Red Heat (his first model). It is a basic machine that gives out a solid tone when a non-ferrous target is encountered, and a broken tone for iron. It is an excellent positive machine and I've used it for years. But now I've graduated to the new walkin/talking machine of the V3i. I find I am spending more time investigating iffy signals that, once dug up turn out to be either small iron or coke. I want to persevere with the V3i but, I tend to get disheartened and revert back to my old Red Heat. Does anyone have an all round setting range that allows me to spend more time digging up good positive signals rather than spurious scrap. Chris Hale.

Let me have your email addy and I'll send you my spreadsheet of UK programs ................. :cheers:

[size=large][/size]I have found some good programs for my V3i and will be using the various options the next time I go digging. Thanks.

Hi there. Ramases progs. and the prog from Dave the Ferret work very well here in the U.K. It is also worth looking at "Garys detecting" prog for the V3 on the internet. Don't get disheatened the V3i takes a bit of getting to grips with but once there!!! I detected a small pasture field (30x50 metres) that had been done to death many,many times by myself with a DFX and at least 2 others (one with the latest machine from Australia) and in the space of an hour found 2x sixpences and a silver threepence all 1920's but it goes to show the V3i's potential!! The prog .I was using at the time was the stock C&J with the discrim opened up to accept -20 to + 95. RX 12. Best of luck with your machine and let us know how you get on!!

Just brought a v3i, so interested in any uk programmes, my email jvanjoyce@btinternet.com so would be gratefull for ramases programmes,thanks.

Hi new to the forum and could do with tips program's anything really as I'm getting f@@@cked off with my v3i I've had an xlt for years thought I'd treat my self with a new machine and oh boy was it a mistake so far helpppppppppppppp my email is
Gregoryandy@hotail.com