Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DeepTech Innovation

@oldkoot , you need 2 things. The Demon coil for the Vista X, and some of my red dirt so you cant make the rest of us look bad.šŸ˜‰

@oldkoot , you need 2 things. The Demon coil for the Vista X, and some of my red dirt so you cant make the rest of us look bad.šŸ˜‰
Brother the ground I detect is pretty mineralized, I am sure there will be areas that these detectors I am currently using will struggle on but rite now for the areas I am detecting they are running great, they are seeing through the Magnetite and other minerals that my other detectors have been struggling on

Which coil is the Demon coil ???
I have the Stock coil, the Super 6 and the 8 inch concentric so which coil is the Demon coil been thinking about picking up th little 6x8 octagon coil as well for the Vista X just have not done that yet

not really trying to make anyone look bad at all, went and looked at the Demon coil 14 inch coil might have to pick that one up also LOL

I can attach some other videos, that a user in the UK ( Paul Warren) has done and it would open some eyes on these analog detectors, they show that the SMF detectors come no where close to performing as compared to these Analog detector

and do not take me wrong I am in no way saying that the SMF detectors do not have a place because they do especially when it comes to detecting salt water beaches and a few other scenarios, but people have been so blinded by marketing ploys that they think an SMF detector is the only thing that works and I am here to tell you and anyone else that is just not the case, these Analogs are better at unmasking targets in amongst heavy iron, and I can tell you with out hesitation they are deeper by a lot in a lot of situations, an analog just works without a bunch of needless adjustments

in my opinion what the issue is with almost all SMF detectors is they have way to much filtering going on and all those filters hinder a SMF detectors performance in a lot of ways where these Analog's shine because of the lack of filtering
Ok,
I read what you wrote here, and would swear that I wrote it !

I have owned, and still own quite a few detectorsā€¦.Each have their own identities, a some commonalitiesā€¦.SMF detectors are great on saltwater beachesā€¦.Analog detectors hit deeperā€¦.Most Analog detectors unmask way better in ironā€¦.All of these factors work hand in hand with each otherā€¦.Your analog detector will in most cases go deeper because it can see thru the iron better than SMF detectorsā€¦.My Vista Gold is probably the best detector that Iā€™ve used when it comes to unmasking in ironā€¦.Now that I have the Vista X I expect the same resultsā€¦.I will take the X to some of my old Silver sites, and see what I have missed over the yearsā€¦Iā€™m sure that there is some Silver that has been unobtainable due to iron that has masked itā€¦Everyone wants a deeper detectorā€¦Think about it !ā€¦.If the iron is blocking a detector from going any further, how deep can it go ?If a SMF detector is running these multi frequencies all the time, and has all these filters working, itā€™s gonna have to have a lot of powerā€¦..Kudoā€™s to the engineers that have given us these detectors in a light weight version !

The Demon coil is a little bit on the heavy side but if you shorten the lower shaft about an inch it swings well. It is noticeably deeper than the stock 11ā€ and still separates very very well.

Ok,
14 inch coil ?ā€¦..Sounds to me like youā€™ve been working out šŸ‹ļøā€ā™€ļøā€¦.šŸ˜‚
Thats a small coil, I have a 18 inch coil for my Golden Mask 7 detector LOL, nothing that a harness and bungee system with a hip stick won't cure LOL

I am scared to run that 18 inch coil on my GM7 because I do not want to dig to China

The Demon coil is a little bit on the heavy side but if you shorten the lower shaft about an inch it swings well. It is noticeably deeper than the stock 11ā€ and still separates very very well.
I would almost be willing to bet that the Vista X with that Demon Coil would match the depth of the GM7 with the 13x11 coil and might even surpass the 7 a little

I will tell you the detector that surprises the crap out of me with a 7 inch concentric coil mounted is the Troy Shadow X5, that little coil is hitting targets at the same depths as my golden Mask 4 WD and Golden Mask 7 with the 9.5 inch coil mounted, and the X5 with one 9 volt rechargeable battery and the 7 inch concentric is lighter than my Xp ORX with the 9 inch HF coil or at least it seems lighter than the ORX

Thats a small coil, I have a 18 inch coil for my Golden Mask 7 detector LOL, nothing that a harness and bungee system with a hip stick won't cure LOL

I am scared to run that 18 inch coil on my GM7 because I do not want to dig to China
Just carry a post hole digger so it limits how deep you can dig :unsure:

what kind of depth are you seeing with your Vista X @JCR TX on the ground you detect ???

I have been running my Vista X with the 8 inch concentric coil and it is hitting some very deep targets, I have been doing comparisons between the Vista X, Golden Mask 4WD, Golden Mask 7 and the Troy Shadow X5, I locate targets with the GM7 then swing the other three over the same targets just to see which ones can hit the targets and all of those 4 detectors has shown no depth advantage one over the other all running similar size coils except the X5 I am running the 7 inch concentric and that X5 is matching the depth of the other three with Larger coils X5-7 inch concentric, Vista X 8 inch concentric, 4 WD 9.5 inch DD, and GM 7-9.5 DD

I located a target a couple of days ago which the GM7 was saying was a deep nickel, it has a graph that kind of gives you a indication of depth so I swung the other three over the same target they all hit that target and was giving a clean non ferrous audio response, I dug it up and it was a Nickel at 14 1/2 inches measured, that X5 shocked me because I was thinking there was no way with that 7 inch coil would it have depth like that but it dang sure hit that Nickel, this was before I received my Vaquero, so far I just cannot decide which of those four detectors I like the most, i am impressed by all of them LOL

@oldkoot , I may do a video with the Vista X and Demon coil. Maybe some comparison with some other units with big coils.

Hope you can disc. out a wok - hate for you dig the rest of the year for one when you can have Amazon deliver one to your front door save all that digging.

@oldkoot , I may do a video with the Vista X and Demon coil. Maybe some comparison with some other units with big coils.
I would be very interested in your test on your ground, i do not do videos so people will just have to take my word for it, and the problem I have with videos is you always have the neigh Sayers that will try to pick apart your video and say you have manipulated things to your liking and that you do not know what you are doing with one detector or tells you you are lieing about the whole thing, so I just do not do videos showing anything, the testing I do is more for my own learning of the detectors I have

I witnessed what I am saying by watching comments on Paul Warrens Videos and some of the comments I seen on his videos were ludicrous to say the least, people even went as far as saying the ink on his paper skewed the test and the leaves laying around affected his test he was comparing 4 detectors against the Golden Mask 4 or 4WD, Vista X, Legend and another detector and then in a follow up video he did a comparison of the Nox 800 and the 4WD, some of the comments I read on his videos was absolutely ridiculous

don't know if you have ever watched Paul Warrens videos on You Tube but he actually shows it and tells it like it is he is a You Tuber in the U.K and been at this metal detecting game for 35 years

here is one of the videos I am referring to by Paul Warren

and here is the second video

Last edited:
I like Paul Warrenā€™s channel very much. Iā€™ve been a subscriber to it for a good while. The problem of negative comments is nothing new. Most of those are from people who watch and hear what they want to hear instead of actually listening & thinking about what he is saying. Of course, there are plenty of jerks in the world too. Paul Warren is a very intelligent guy, and nobodyā€™s fool. He uses what he likes. Thatā€™s the whole point for him, and should be for us too.

Hope you can disc. out a wok - hate for you dig the rest of the year for one when you can have Amazon deliver one to your front door save all that digging.
well since most Wok's are made of brass that's a non ferrous metal and its probably going to blow my ears off LOL

I like Paul Warrenā€™s channel very much. Iā€™ve been a subscriber to it for a good while. The problem of negative comments is nothing new. Most of those are from people who watch and hear what they want to hear instead of actually listening & thinking about what he is saying. Of course, there are plenty of jerks in the world too. Paul Warren is a very intelligent guy, and nobodyā€™s fool. He uses what he likes. Thatā€™s the whole point for him, and should be for us too.
you just hit the nail on the head, this game of metal detecting is about having fun, it should not mater what detector someone is using or how much the detector cost that someone is using, its about going out and enjoying yourself and having (FUN). and for me right now that is what I am doing, I am not saying the new fangled all digital detectors are bad, at all but for me personally these beep and digs are just more fun to use, I actually find myself digging less trash than I do with my all digital's and am able to relax and not worry about what some target ID is trying to tell me or whether I have a detector set up correctly for the ground I detect, and no I am not saying I do not dig trash because I do i use that trash I do dig as a learning tool to learn what that trash sounds like on various detectors including the all digital cell phones on a stick