Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox short review by experienced detectorist in UK

Hastings

I was commenting that all posts up to the release are all speculative and having now handled and used the detector for over five hours on an actual dig I can say that this detector is going to be a winner.

Its selectable single frequency like all VLF's (XTerra, Deus, Impact, etc but the big plus is that at a press of a button it becomes a multi frequency machine.

Very fast and so sharp on tiny items. I was finding the shot from a 12 bore cartridge and very deep with a lead token about the size of your quarters at 13"/14". Also pulling out bits of bronze deep from a heavily hunted area. Also in the same area found my first hammered coin with it a tiny Elizabeth First farthing.

For beach hunting you can select single frequency for the dry sand and multi frequency for the wet so again going to be an excellent beach hunting detector.

I would say that this is the first detector that has broken away from the repackaged new machines coming out all the time with the same technology inside a new fancy box.

Mal.

Thanks for the review!

Question: On small items, does it hit hard with a high TID or is it low TID?

This was posted on Minelab owners forum, not by me so if you're a member maybe you should ask that question on there.

Hastings said:
This was posted on Minelab owners forum, not by me so if you're a member maybe you should ask that question on there.

Then you should edit your post because it looks as if YOU are the one saying this. You put nothing in the OP about this being someone elses words or coming from another site.

"Just to make it clear this short review was not done by me but by an experienced detectorist on Minelab users forum"

I was commenting that all posts up to the release are all speculative and having now handled and used the detector for over five hours on an actual dig I can say that this detector is going to be a winner.

Its selectable single frequency like all VLF's (XTerra, Deus, Impact, etc but the big plus is that at a press of a button it becomes a multi frequency machine.

Very fast and so sharp on tiny items. I was finding the shot from a 12 bore cartridge and very deep with a lead token about the size of your quarters at 13"/14". Also pulling out bits of bronze deep from a heavily hunted area. Also in the same area found my first hammered coin with it a tiny Elizabeth First farthing.

For beach hunting you can select single frequency for the dry sand and multi frequency for the wet so again going to be an excellent beach hunting detector.

I would say that this is the first detector that has broken away from the repackaged new machines coming out all the time with the same technology inside a new fancy box.

Mal.[/quote]

Actual user feedback has been pretty thin thus far and your sharing this info with us is greatly appreciated.

If more comes your way I hope you'll share it with us on this forum as well.

Bill (S. CA)

This isn't my review I copied & pasted from Minelab owners forum done by an experienced detectorist called Mal.
I have mentioned this higher up in this thread.

web address of the other forum mentioned has been deleted out of respect to the guy who pays for this one.