Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HI

Low-Boy/LCPM

Nice to see a new detector with a few different twists. The Edge and the new Whites seem to be not a big deal as far as new dectors. The X-Tera seems to be a interesting machine. I have a few different detectors and am getting the Mark 1 that is about twenty years old but is a great machine in trash and great notching and tones.

I have a 70 Pro that I really like and the 6000XL Pro that I really like because of the meter and now the Mark 1.

What is the freq of this machine and what coils are coming out for it.
You said it does...in iron infested areas? How about trash...maybe we will have to wait for a smaller coil?

Anyway look forward to reading your forum and seeing how this machine does.

LCPM

Hi LCPM,

Different twists...I like that discription :thumbup:

The ability to choose what type of sampled audio mode. The ability to see the strenght of the ground mineralization and ground type. The signal strength indication of the id cursor. The separate signal processing for the visual and audio. Moving hotrock responses to the bottom of the scale below iron. The 500:1 ground balance. The separate senstivity settings for All metal and Disc modes. The 90 position threshold settings. 7 frequency shifts. The fastgrab ground balance.

I like my CoinStrike and DFX and Golden-u. For me I don't see the T2 replacing what I have, but I do see it complimenting it. The DFX will still be my gold jewelry machine. The CoinStrike will still be my extremely focused hunter. The Golden will still be my extreme trash machine. I see the T2 turning into my major cruiser and mapping machine as well as my gold prospector. As I get more familar with it and learn more about where it excells I am sure the role may change.

The frequency is 13kHz. At the present time there is only the stock coil for it and at there are plans for a smaller DD accessory coil for some time in the future, but don't expect anything real soon.

The only accessories that are currently available are an electronic probe, a bag and headphones. Remember we are talking about a company thats marketing is retail based. It will take them a bit to take on our thought process about accessories.

Mike

What does a "500 to 1" ground balance mean?

500 different individual setting points across the GB range. On the T-2 you have a range of 0-99 with 5 individual click stops per number.

Ralph

I don't understand what 500 setting points in GB means?

Very fine adjustment is another way to put it. Something like a pot with many turns and one with a singe turn. An example is turning a knob so X changes from one end of the scale to the other with a singe turn or so the scale change in smaller increments and it takes 10 turns to change X from one end of the scale to the other.

It is simply the very fine adjustment capabilities of the setting via the control pot. The tuning pot on the T-2 is a detent or "click-stop" infinite turn pot that will keep turning forever in either direction. The setting points though go from 0-99 in "5-click" increments, equaling 500 possible setting points. Just a very fine tuning feature. The ratio description 500:1 just indicates the full tuning range (1) by the number of individual possibilities through the scale (500).

Ralph

I am really interested in the T-2. Drop me an email on where an how much. It would fun to get together and test the T-2, Explorer and DFX, in the field. I would like to show you a trick or two that can be done with the Explore that I really like.

How easy or hard it is to ground balance this detector. Is there a preset ground balance too or do you have to reground balance every time you turn it on even thought it is the same area.
I used to have a Mark 1 back in the 80s and it was a head of it times then, wonder if this new T-2 will be too.

Thanks
Rick

Hi Rick,

The T-2 has 3 options at your disposal for ground balance. When first booted, it is in the "pre-set" mode which seems to be balanced right to ferrite, or slightly positive. You then have the option of either doing a quick "trigger grab" ground balancing by pushing the trigger switch forward and pumping the coil over a clean area 2 or 3 times which will take the ground-phase reading and balance just slightly positive from that point. You can also go into the all-metal mode and do the usual "pump-and-listen" type of balancing procedure by adjusting with the tune knob. This method allows you to offset the balance point to either the positive or negative side as desired. About the only thing the T-2 doesn't do in this regard is to auto-track the ground mineralization, but you also don't have any worries of tracking into small, weak, or fringe depth targets. It's a simple matter of checking ground balance by just pulling the trigger into pinpoint mode and pumping the coil a couple of times, or pushing the trigger forward and doing the "grab" balance again. Very simple and very accurate, whichever method you choose or prefer.

Ralph