Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I thought I already owned a multi-frequency Minelab ??????

Donna(NJ

Waited all this time for new machine and barely got any info...

Just a few crumbs to keep us hooked...

Bout time someone finally came out with a waterproof, Light weight machine !!!

Sounds like all they did was just tweek the FBS, BBS system to be faster....

Then used modern Tech batteries and now in a smaller package.

OK, Im hooked, been looking for a new water machine for years. Now I still have to wait month's for delivery.... what a marketing ploy... Hope its worth the weight !!!! :))

HH
Donna(NJ)

Its something new. Looks interesting for sure.

I think it just runs all of its available single frequency's at the same time in the mult freq mode.
Nothing like BBS OR FBS .

Doctorcoinz said:
I think it just runs all of its available single frequency's at the same time in the mult freq mode.

That's the way I see it. Plus the option to run just 1 of 5 frequencies for specialized hunting.
Equinox is NOT an FBS machine. Remember folks, ML advertised that it would bin all other VLF machines, not FBS or BBS.

My exact thoughts too. If it was to make obsolete BBS/FBS, Minelab would have indicated such.

Doctorcoinz said:

There are warnings about assuming that get ignored all the time. It is what it is. Personally I'd be shocked if it ran all 5 freq.s at once, but we'll see. My 2 cents (I ate my wheaties) only goes this far, Given how well BBS, FBS & FBS2 work, I expect the new tech to be as good or better, but no guarantee. If I had a unit that worked as well as an Excal or CTX that weighed a kilo, I'd sure as heck love to buy a new one for the price of a used Excal! This is exactly what we have been fantasizing about. Realistically, what more could you want?
Well, yeah, it's gotta work as promised. If that is done... going to the dark side has gotten very bright!

It may well be that the competition has waited a bit too long to sweep the market. Six months to a year should be very revealing!

I got the impression the choices vary according to the search mode , i.e. gold mode is 40 kz exclusively,,,,makes sense

Yes, and its only on the $250 more expensive version. I believe the multi-freq is only on the beach setting and remains a mystery as to exactly how it is designed.

Equinox seems to be closer to VFLEX technology albeit a more advanced one. BBS, FBS and especially the FBS2 machines should still be considered higher tech.

I kinda wish the CTX3030 (FBS2) tech would have been put into a similar form factor to the Equinox perhaps taking multiple page(s) from the XP Deus in terms of wireless audio and transmitter/receiver tech as well as the great battery innovations in that line. I think that this would justify the price for the CTX3030 line nowadays. To me, they priced the CTX3030 in between the E-Trac and SDC2300 which seems to be more of a business decision than an actual costing decision especially since the price hasn't declined in the 5 years since it came out. Don't even mention coil pricing...I thought the XTerra was bad but CTX coils push way past those. The CTX3030 is just way too heavy for us older folk to swing for more than a few hours at a time. Hell, even my X-Terra wears on me and I have to switch arms when swinging....unlike the HH PI and CS4PI which I can swing for many more hours with no problem. That definitely is a reason for me to look at something like the Equinox or Deus.

I am definitely going to wait and see on the Equinox. Being a non-FBS machine may not make it any better on a salty beach or mineralised soil than FBS or BBS machines. Being fast may make the difference on how the 4 to 5 different frequencies are handled internally. I suppose that it is like scanning on a cb radio...the frequencies get scanned sequentially in the Equinox instead of simultaneously like in the FBS/BBS machines.

Still...if Minelab would only bring out a waterproof, lighter E-Trac using FBS2+ tech...

I sat there on the train this morning wondering how different the Equinox multi-freq would be from a BBS and FBS machine. My best guess is that it cycles through the frequencies instead of simultaneous. If that is the case, I wonder if you'll be able to choose what frequencies to cycle through ie choosing only 20kHz and 40kHz for gold hunting or 10kHz and 15kHz for coin hunting. That would be a powerful function indeed.

Can't wait for the manual to come out to give it a good read.

Donna(NJ said:
Waited all this time for new machine and barely got any info...

Just a few crumbs to keep us hooked...

Bout time someone finally came out with a waterproof, Light weight machine !!!

Sounds like all they did was just tweek the FBS, BBS system to be faster....

Then used modern Tech batteries and now in a smaller package.

OK, Im hooked, been looking for a new water machine for years. Now I still have to wait month's for delivery.... what a marketing ploy... Hope its worth the weight !!!! :))

HH
Donna(NJ)
***********************************************​

[size=large]Donna, you will LOVE this detector....I guarantee that.

If you could visit Minelab, and experience the excellence of the company and its technical prowess
in designing and manufacturing, then you would not be afraid to trust their competence to give you
the best in detector technology, especially when its meant to cream the competition.

Deus ‘kicked their buts’, and Aussies don’t take kindly to such, so here’s their kick-back!

Now you will just need to brush up on what frequency it’s best to bait your detecting-rod with, and
go catch a few of those ‘big gold fish’…….matt.[/size]

Stix said:
This similar to how a whites runs three at the same time?

Thankfully a lot lighter and waterproof.

pasttom -- multi-frequency will be available in all modes, not just beach mode, as I understand it...

brissietex -- as I understand it, you might not be able to "choose" which frequencies to "cycle through" (if indeed your "cycle through" idea is even correct) depending upon mode, BUT -- I understand that depending on the mode you choose, Minelab has made it so that it uses the appropriate frequencies for that mode. In other words, if you choose "park" setting, and you are running 5 kHz, when you switch to "multi-frequency" in "park mode," the frequencies used might include 5 and 10kHz (just as an example), whereas if you choose "prospecting mode," and you are hunting single frequency 40 kHz, and then switch to "multi-frequency" in "prospecting mode," the frequencies used might include 20 and 40 kHz. I don't know the SPECIFICS, but I did see where the designer said that the frequencies used for the "multi-frequency" mode will change, depending upon which mode you are hunting in (park, field, beach, prospecting, etc.)

Question --

Can someone tell me what "Vflex" technology is? I am familiar with FBS, and somewhat with BBS (I know it was used on the Sovereign line), but what is Vflex?

Steve

sgoss66 said:
pasttom -- multi-frequency will be available in all modes, not just beach mode, as I understand it...

brissietex -- as I understand it, you might not be able to "choose" which frequencies to "cycle through" (if indeed your "cycle through" idea is even correct) depending upon mode, BUT -- I understand that depending on the mode you choose, Minelab has made it so that it uses the appropriate frequencies for that mode. In other words, if you choose "park" setting, and you are running 5 kHz, when you switch to "multi-frequency" in "park mode," the frequencies used might include 5 and 10kHz (just as an example), whereas if you choose "prospecting mode," and you are hunting single frequency 40 kHz, and then switch to "multi-frequency" in "prospecting mode," the frequencies used might include 20 and 40 kHz. I don't know the SPECIFICS, but I did see where the designer said that the frequencies used for the "multi-frequency" mode will change, depending upon which mode you are hunting in (park, field, beach, prospecting, etc.)

Question --

Can someone tell me what "Vflex" technology is? I am familiar with FBS, and somewhat with BBS (I know it was used on the Sovereign line), but what is Vflex?

Steve

Where are you seeing this info on the multi IQ?
I think VFLEX is how the Xterra works , different coils different frequencies

sprchng --

Here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PgG686ZNwg&app=desktop

This guy, I believe, is the designer, Mark Lawrie...

Start listening to the video at about the 2:40 mark.

He says, when discussing the frequency options, that you have 5, 10, and 15 kHz in the 600 model for single frequencies, and then "a multi-frequency that is associated with "Park," a multi-frequency that is associated with "Field," and a multi-frequency that is associated with "Beach..." And then, just a short while later when still discussing multi-frequency, he says they are all "specially tuned" for different scenarios, which I interpret to be that he is still referring to how the frequencies used in multi-frequency are "specially tuned" for each of those different "modes."

Steve

sgoss66 said:
sprchng --

Here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PgG686ZNwg&app=desktop

This guy, I believe, is the designer, Mark Lawrie...

Start listening to the video at about the 2:40 mark.

He says, when discussing the frequency options, that you have 5, 10, and 15 kHz in the 600 model for single frequencies, and then "a multi-frequency that is associated with "Park," a multi-frequency that is associated with "Field," and a multi-frequency that is associated with "Beach..." And then, just a short while later when still discussing multi-frequency, he says they are all "specially tuned" for different scenarios, which I interpret to be that he is still referring to how the frequencies used in multi-frequency are "specially tuned" for each of those different "modes."

Steve

Yes , I saw that but never heard him mention specific frequencies for specific modes like you mentioned in your earlier post. I thought there might be something different out there.

I expect this page to be updated once MultiIQ gets released or patented:

https://www.minelab.com/knowledge-base/key-technologies

It is interesting to read the definitions of various Minelab technologies and what product lines they are in. I would really love to get ahold of the Equinox manual. The Minelab manuals nowadays seem very thorough and explain the detector's technology rather well.