Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was just thinking....

John in Florida

I don't recall any single frequency detector offering so much information to the user as the T-2 does. I would love to see some depth testing so we can see the potential.....

John,

I have just the place to test it as soon as mine gets here. I have a spot that is in front of a zoo that I pulled at least 20 coins at 10.5" using an Explorer II, an MXT and a Shadow X-5. I carry a ruler and use a Periscope to check the depths of targets. Soil has been added to the spot and most of the coins are from the 1920- 40's. There used to be a fountain in the area around 1900. I hit a coin by chance at 14" with the Periscope, so I know there are very deep coins here. As soon as i get the T-2, I'm going to test it in this spot.

You know, one of the advantages of this particular machine is that not only can tests be done in different areas of the country, but ground mineralization readings can be compared against each other as well. That can give others a good idea as to what they might expect from results obtained in other areas similar to their own. This is the first machine with full range discrimination capabilities that I know of that has offered this kind of information, and should prove to be a big benefit in the long run.

Ralph

I would do a side by side test. Mark the targets and see if the other detectors can find them. I've found that conditions vary daily like moisture and electrical interference so it's best to test them at the same time.

If the ML Explorer needs a minimum amount of mineralization in the soil to achieve optimum depth. JB reports that he wasn't impressed with the Explorer depth in his mild ground.....great detector. I love the Explorer. Wish they would make one with half the weight.