Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

More info on Equinox by Brandon Neice

Hastings

My testing, in my ground conditions with the current firmware version that I am running, the EQUINOX is hitting deeper targets than my CTX in multiple configurations. This is not the end all be all test nor is the Equinox done being refined. Things are constantly evolving and are subject to change with each firmware update. Just my experience. The TID is as stable as the CTX albeit different. Put it this way. When I traveled 3000 miles to detect in England at Detectival, for a very limited amount of time, I was bummed that I couldn't use the Equinox on the first day because it wasn't announced yet. After the formal release of the Equinox on day two of Detectival I was extatic! I could finally hunt with the Nox in the open. And guess what... I didn't put it down for the rest of the trip. Why? I dunno? I just FEEL like it's hitting everything that my CTX would (possibly more) and it's such a pleasure to swing. I prefer it because it's everything I'VE been wanting. But what I want might be different from what you want. In time I'll be able to put out some more test videos and you'll start seeing real reviews. If you're on the fence about purchasing one, I'd encourage you to get your hands on one when the time comes and put it through your own testing. The Multi IQ is very different from FBS in ways that I'm not allowed to explain until the testers and the engineers are satisfied with the results. This isn't because it's proprietary, it's because we're trying to get it tested in as many real life scenarios as possible before we come out and say "this is how it reacts in so and so" and we can't do that until the final version is complete. That's why I can't come out and say "crown tops sound like..." etc. because each step closer to the final product reveals subtle improvements and statements have to be retracted or corrected and reinstated.
Reply Quote Report

Hastings --

Thanks for posting Brandon's additional info. I hadn't seen his post yet; a few of us were asking him questions that I didn't think he'd be willing/permitted to answer. However, the amount of detail in his answer goes a lot farther than I expected he'd be able to...

Steve

Does it have ferrous/non-ferrous target ID or just conductivity? Also please tell me its as good as an Explorer at discriminating rusty bottle/crown caps?

Charles (Upstate NY) said:
Does it have ferrous/non-ferrous target ID or just conductivity? Also please tell me its as good as an Explorer at discriminating rusty bottle/crown caps?

I'm guessing of course but the Multi-IQ is probably going to be a killer for crown cap distinction.
I have noticed in a couple of the videos that there are negative numbers as well as positive ones which tells me there will be a different type of ferrous ID then the two number system of the etrac and CTX. May not be the -99 type ID that White's has but something similar. Time will tell