Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex Lite and Ultra both are deep.

Builder1

Back in August of 2023 I ordered. Both the Simplex Lite and Ultra detectors. No one had the SX24 coil in stock, so I got the lite also just for the coil. I'm more of a coin hunter. They both have the same field modes. I programmed my coin mode in both, and I find no difference in depth. They both go deep. I found a penny at 9 inches with the lite and the sx24 coil.

I have had the simplex ultra for several months now and find that the stock coil has decent depth but the sx24 coil does poorly. I realize that it is an entry level machine but it is no where near the multi kruzer and orx that I have. It's a decent detector though and it offers a lot for the price.

Back in August of 2023 I ordered. Both the Simplex Lite and Ultra detectors. No one had the SX24 coil in stock, so I got the lite also just for the coil. I'm more of a coin hunter. They both have the same field modes. I programmed my coin mode in both, and I find no difference in depth. They both go deep. I found a penny at 9 inches with the lite and the sx24 coil.
I had thought of buying a lite for my water hunting, fresh water, swimming holes. But ive read several times that they didn't have very good depth. an because of the cheap price I figured that was the case. now that ive read your post I'm a little interested again. also do you know if the lite has the same headphone plug as the legend?

I had thought of buying a lite for my water hunting, fresh water, swimming holes. But ive read several times that they didn't have very good depth. an because of the cheap price I figured that was the case. now that ive read your post I'm a little interested again. also do you know if the lite has the same headphone plug as the legend?
Hi, Jimmy. I will try to only talk to you about the Simplex Lite. The sx24 is a smaller coil and won't go as deep as the sx28. But not by much in my testing. Mybe an inch at most. In parks I us the sx24 to help with the trash. To help going deeper I only notch out the ground. To do that I just turn the Iron on, I want to hear it. I never run the sensitivity over 25. The higher the sensitivity can stop you from finding smaller and deeper targets. In fresh water you don't have to run it in Beach mode. Beach mode is more for salt water. Try field mode first its deeper. You can't change the recovery speed with the Lite. What's nice about the Ultra is the recovery speed adjustment. The slower the recovery speed you have to sweep it slower but its deeper. I'm a coin and jewelry hunter so I prefer smaller coils. Both the Lite and Ultra will have the same depth with the same coil on them. Thats why we all buy more coils for each detector. I have more detectors than I need. I have one that I paid over $1400 for one that can have trouble with certain 10-inch coins. Yes, the Legend and the Simplex have the same headphone plug with the adapter that comes with it. I'm retired and I meet 2 times a month with some friends, and we only use the simplex detectors.

Hi, Jimmy. I will try to only talk to you about the Simplex Lite. The sx24 is a smaller coil and won't go as deep as the sx28. But not by much in my testing. Mybe an inch at most. In parks I us the sx24 to help with the trash. To help going deeper I only notch out the ground. To do that I just turn the Iron on, I want to hear it. I never run the sensitivity over 25. The higher the sensitivity can stop you from finding smaller and deeper targets. In fresh water you don't have to run it in Beach mode. Beach mode is more for salt water. Try field mode first its deeper. You can't change the recovery speed with the Lite. What's nice about the Ultra is the recovery speed adjustment. The slower the recovery speed you have to sweep it slower but its deeper. I'm a coin and jewelry hunter so I prefer smaller coils. Both the Lite and Ultra will have the same depth with the same coil on them. Thats why we all buy more coils for each detector. I have more detectors than I need. I have one that I paid over $1400 for one that can have trouble with certain 10-inch coins. Yes, the Legend and the Simplex have the same headphone plug with the adapter that comes with it. I'm retired and I meet 2 times a month with some friends, and we only use the simplex detectors.
I forgot to tell you. I never use headphones.

I forgot to tell you. I never use headphones.
Good info. builder1: I have a legend and a orx. Ive been using my tiger shark for fresh water hunting now for 17 years. but now it has problems. I can use my legend, for that matter my orx with the water kit, but I was thanking sense the Lite was such a good price, I might want to get one for water an keep my legend an orx out of the water. Ive already made the garrett headphones I won in a hunt so I can use them in the water. I took my H.P. adpt. that came with my legend cut the female plug off an cut the male plug off the headphones. then I spliced the wires together, rubbed on silicon. an shrank tubing. Anyway Ive done this before with the kruzer I once had, used it three summers, worked good. but when I sold the kruzer, I also gave the buyer the headphones I converted. I'm a little beyond retirement. Ill be 79 this month. So the moral of this story is I DONT NEED TO BE BUYING ANY MORE DETECTORS. LOL. thanks again for the info.

Good Luck Jimmy. One good story with the Simplex lite. I have to drive an hour away to hunt with other people. I showed up with my Simplex lite. I was up against 2 Legends, 1 Nox 800, 2 Nox 900 and a Deus 2. We would try to check each other's targets. I did have the SX28 coil on the lite. The deepest target was 8 inches. The Lite hit on all the targets they did. I even had one hit that sounded good to me with some junk right next to it. The Nox 800 told me he wouldn't dig it. Turned out I found a nickel 6 inches down.

Good Luck Jimmy. One good story with the Simplex lite. I have to drive an hour away to hunt with other people. I showed up with my Simplex lite. I was up against 2 Legends, 1 Nox 800, 2 Nox 900 and a Deus 2. We would try to check each other's targets. I did have the SX28 coil on the lite. The deepest target was 8 inches. The Lite hit on all the targets they did. I even had one hit that sounded good to me with some junk right next to it. The Nox 800 told me he wouldn't dig it. Turned out I found a nickel 6 inches down.
Good story. Sounds like the Lite did a good job. Talking to people over the last 30 years ive been hunting, I would say that 90% to 95% off targets or 7 inches deep or under. most of the time under. also that's my experience. of course that could vary in relic fields, to which I don't get to hunt. H.H.

Good story. Sounds like the Lite did a good job. Talking to people over the last 30 years ive been hunting, I would say that 90% to 95% off targets or 7 inches deep or under. most of the time under. also that's my experience. of course that could vary in relic fields, to which I don't get to hunt. H.H.
I watched a YouTube video this morning from Digging up New York. The Simplex worked good on a saltwater beach. With the Ultra. I live in south Jersey. I'm an hour away from the Jersey shore. Maybe I'll try it