Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What happened to the Vista X Faceplate & Knobs?

I Long Term DeepTech Owner Users [ Warrior, Vista_ X , Gold Hound} I wish address many post on FB and here Findmall Ref News Control Knobs Vs Old Knobs. First DeepTech does 'Cut Corner" when switch no part, they use only best part and switch to improve unit. They're very Simple way you can make" New Control' easy to see hunting field and "Clearly" see where "Exact' Setting are. Just Local Store and buy Product called ' White Out" Correction Ink. Just Simply Paint " Lined' Mark Each Control, Let Dry you can clearly see extract setting each control. In regard to claim with Faceplate, you can still see what each control use for since only very little section writing is cover with larger Knobs, In fact many controls in Live Feild Hunting are set each site you hunt and normal not changed. Sadly , It appears a few comments / post may be posted by DeepTech Haters and been banned from DeepTech/ Facebook in past. . DeepTech is small family ran company that takes Pride in it Products and my opion make Best Machines on Market. Lastly, In Bulgaria and as in some other European keeping parts and Venders the same are more difficult then here in USA I attached photo Gold Hound showing how clear you see setting, you easly due same with Visit-X with Newer / Large Knobs!
Sorry but white out would not have helped my Vista X the Labels for each potentiometer was completely covered by the base of each knob, the only way that could be fixed on my Vista X was too find knobs with smaller bases on the knobs which is what I did.

Yikes just saw a Vista X in classified :unsure:
They're fantastic detectors, but not for everyone, especially if you're used to a meter, and all the other typical adjustments of the digitals.
That's why the analogs respond so fast, less processing time when you encounter a target. You do dig more, at least at first, but you definitely find more. That's been my experience. I have no plans to sell mine. Love the descriptive audio, something lost when the digitals came out, I could really never get over that, regardless of how much more info the later detectors provided.

They're fantastic detectors, but not for everyone, especially if you're used to a meter, and all the other typical adjustments of the digitals.
That's why the analogs respond so fast, less processing time when you encounter a target. You do dig more, at least at first, but you definitely find more. That's been my experience. I have no plans to sell mine. Love the descriptive audio, something lost when the digitals came out, I could really never get over that, regardless of how much more info the later detectors provided.
Honestly for me personally i feel I am digging way less trash than I was with the metered detectors, Cell phones on a stick, I have not dug a nail, screw, or bottle cap, since switching over to these beep and digs, once you figure out what a bottle cap sounds like, you will not dig many if any, and if you play with the Disc a little you can also eliminate aluminum foil without loosing coins, or any other good non ferrous targets, and if you want to dig a bit of iron then you can lower the disc and dig everything that gives a tone, that's what makes these beep and digs so fun for me.

I do dig good shaped foil, pull tabs, and small lead, looking for small gold rings and jewelry, but I did the same with any other detector, including the latest.
With the Vista X, I do notice that I don't hardly dig any iron, and when I do, I can tell it's not a good signal.
At least with the X, it doesn't make deep non-ferrous targets sound like iron, The same goes for masking, separation, depth and EMI. I still see that's a problem with some of the the top sellers out there, even ones costing three times as much.

Stay away !……This one’s mine !……gonna pick it up today !…😀
Well I see you got it - you live closer by a long shot. If I was close it might have been a different outcome:D
No matter hope to hear more soon - in the 90s here, soon triple digits so my game is going to slow way down as I can't stand the heat well at my age. Ice cream time....

Totally agree - I started back using used BFO, TRs made the move for my 1st new in box meter (Whites 6000/Di Pro), added various screen/display detectors.
I still have both Beep & Dig and VDI/TID and I keep going backwards - I like basic and simple with knobs. If I had to let go and can only have one no doubt it would be a Beep & Dig.

Totally agree - I started back using used BFO, TRs made the move for my 1st new in box meter (Whites 6000/Di Pro), added various screen/display detectors.
I still have both Beep & Dig and VDI/TID and I keep going backwards - I like basic and simple with knobs. If I had to let go and can only have one no doubt it would be a Beep & Dig.
I sure do not see a beep and dig as going backwards at all, as I stated in a post a while back on a different thread honestly I feel like I have taken 10 steps forward, by switching to what most would consider as going backwards, for me personally its about having fun and with the so called top of the Line whiz bang detectors I was not having much fun at all, these beep and digs have brought the fun back into the game of metal detecting for me personally

one suggestion I have for @synthnut pick up the 8 inch concentric coil for your Vista X, the 8 inch concentric is my favorite coil on the Vista X, out of the three coils I currently have.

You sound like me. I started out with a Garrett BFO when I was 15, then the Groundhog, eventually moving to the White's 6000 DI Pro in the 80's, then to the Eagle Spectrum, XLT, DFX, and then back to the analog XL Pro, fantastic detector. In fact I had it until last year when I sold it. I still have my Sovereign GT for the beach, a Deus, and the Vista X. I had a modified Excalibur II, and an OEM Excalibur II with the 8" coil for diving, but sold those after being in an accident, also a Nox 800, and a Manticore which I sold as well. That's not even all of them, but I thinned it down to my favorite three I guess.