Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who uses their wired headphones with the Equinox or Manticore detectors?

I'm using Sunray Pro Gold style for my Manticores. Since Pro Golds are no longer available and my old ones were toast I purchased the parts and assembled some new pairs myself. I upgraded a few things. Also eliminated all the toggles and volume adjusters, not needed on the Manticore. I use them with the WM09. Tried to go back to corded Sunrays via the Minelab 1/8 to 1/4 adapter cable, wow so annoying to be attached to the detector again. Hence this WM09 setup.

The wiring is very straight forward for Manticore. Speakers in series (not parallel). From jack tip to first speaker +, then from first speaker - to second speaker +, from second speaker - back to jack ring. Tie the jack sleave also to the ring, this tells the detector headphones are plugged in and to turn off the external speaker.

View attachment 55241
Just curious… did you utilize the 1/8”-1/4” Minelab cable into those headphones or actually make that cord up also.
You did a great job either way!!

I use my DetectorPro Uniprobe and my $15 Sony earbuds with my WM09 works perfect

i no longer use headphones. I use vibrate function, have been since i had an anfibio

Just curious… did you utilize the 1/8”-1/4” Minelab cable into those headphones or actually make that cord up also.
You did a great job either way!!
I used the Minelab cable that I bought for 20 bucks online , (I wish I would have bought this a whole lot earlier), and now i have used both the Sunray Gold's and the Killer B's both work great with cable. Now im going to start looking into low latency ear buds to use with the Equinox. I'm going to purchase a pair of SoundCore Liberty Air 2's to first try out and later im going to experiment with some Bose wireless earbuds.