Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Handheld Pinpointer

Fishers PI pinpointer is very strong, no effect from wet salt --and great price.
ML's newest has a Fe tone.
What factors are most important?

I use the Garrett AT pro pointer. Three levels of sensitivity, tones and vibrate or tones or Vibrate alone. Water Proof. Great customer service if one ever needs to be repaired.

I got a new one that was just released that is waterproof, 3 level sensitivity and is rechargeable and can be set to only vibrate, just sound (not good for me as it is high pitch and total deaf in the tone it has) seems to be very sensitive from what I have used it other than trying to mess with it in the field without the manual and set it to tone only which I cant hear and thought it quite working. It is made by XP makers of the Deus Model number is XPM-14 and I like it much better then the Garrett's I tried and may get one for my wife to use too.
I have the new Minelab 35 also, but haven't tried it yet and hope too the next time out.

Rick

Thanks for the info guys..... I’d be using it in saltwater and freshwater as well as sand and dirt.....I like the fact that the fisher has enough depth to continue digging with a small hand held shovel in the ground to retrieve the target........Jim