Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

$1 coins (newer)

bought some tickets to ride marta train to Atlanta,Ga and got all dollar coins for change from 20. So I was wondering, in the bigger cities how many $1 coins do you find a year? I live in a small city(25,000) and I have found only 5 dollar coins in 7 months. Craig

The most I ever found in one year is three. Last year the only dollar coin I found was an Ike.

Craig I live in a city of about 700,000 and I only find 2 or 3 newer dollar coins a season. This year I have found 2 newer dollar coins. It would be nice if the government would mint bigger dollar amount coins. I would like to come home with $167 in coins from one hunt. Thanks for reading and Happy Trails....Z

In 6 mo's of detecting I've found 3 Sacagawea coins, 2 Susan B's and 3 presidential coins. ( All 3 presidential coins came in two days on 2 completely separate hunts, 1 in one area and 2 in the other area, weird ! ) Found 4 Kennedy half's in that time also, does that count as 2 ?
HH
Scott

I found 1 this year so far, 1896 morgan

I did read where one of the guys here, found 6 or 7 in a spill this spring.

:usaflag:Nice morgan.....did your digging tool make that swipe across the top of her nose?

I found a '27 peace dollar about two weeks into my detecting hobby....got lucky. Have'nt found another dollar since then.

I find several through the year... mostly at playgrounds and schoolyards.
I don't think they are circulated much and the ones I find were probably given to some kids for their birthday or something and then they lost it.
I think all detectorists should start trying to get them into circulation by getting some to start with and then spending them.
I believe if the one dollar bill was done away with, more dollar coins would be found.
So far I have only found one this year and it was a Susan B. Anthony coin.
Felix

McDave said:
Yes I hit it with my digger, I was mad at first but it happens and there aint much you can do about it
:usaflag:Nice morgan.....did your digging tool make that swipe across the top of her nose?

I found a '27 peace dollar about two weeks into my detecting hobby....got lucky. Have'nt found another dollar since then.

Not quite the same dollar coins you got south of the border, but in Canada so far...I've dug about 22 of them....along with about 9 two dollar coins. Just clad...but a buck is a buck. :)