Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Dime signal pop can day.

detectin4fun

Went out to a permission Monday after running some errands. Fresh batteries in the ACE 250, jewelry mode and four bars sensitivity. I began at the edge of the blacktop parking lot where an old over grown gravel lot continued on out to a mowed field. I found several pennies in the hard packed gravel lot area. All modern nothing to be excited about. I headed out past this gravel area hoping to find something between there and the old basketball court. I got a good sounding mid tone signal marked the spot with a screw driver and hit the target. Hearing a familiar sound I knew it was another pop can I found the edge with my screw driver and popped the can out with my trowel. Full sized can under ground around five inched deep. Put the can in the trash pouch and moved on quickly another dime signal this time I raised the coil 7 or more and I was still showing a dime and the size was more like another can. Screwdriver in the ground and that same sound and feel of a pop can. Same process and out come the second whole flattened pop can. Quickly I dug a total of seven pop cans showing mostly dimes with one lower at nickle. Five Mt. Dews, one Pepsi, and one Coke.

Happy to report when out detecting a different location today my 250 was showing every target correctly today. Coins and iron indicated correctly. The pulltab did indicate as a nickel as many do. Bobbie pins and foil also coming in where they should. Cleared a good number of nails from the mulch. I have been finding many nails in mulch lately with a good number of them twist nails like the ones used in skid building. I'm guessing the hardwood mulch is recycled skid wood and some of the nails are making it into the tot lots. Seems like a bad idea where kids play and let those go into the mulch and be harmed.

Haha my 350 seems to always show coins, but I dig tabs, aluminum, and bottle caps... lol

Sounds like it got it cleaned up to hunt deep now. That sounds like a every day hunt to me lol.

So is that what people do sometimes then? Dig everything to clean out the field, then go back and run over again to look for the deep and good stuff?

Sometimes removing the trash over load is how you find out what is in the ground beyond the junk. The pop cans are the big strong signals I think may mask the coins size signals on my detector. I'm hoping the removal of the cans and other junk will allow me to find the coins that should be in the ground. I had previously cherry picked the ground for quarters and got a few but not the number I thought should be in the ground. Now the weather is becoming nicer I will try the location again and see what turns up. It's worth a try just maybe I will be rewarded for the effort.

detectin4fun said:
Sometimes removing the trash over load is how you find out what is in the ground beyond the junk. The pop cans are the big strong signals I think may mask the coins size signals on my detector. I'm hoping the removal of the cans and other junk will allow me to find the coins that should be in the ground. I had previously cherry picked the ground for quarters and got a few but not the number I thought should be in the ground. Now the weather is becoming nicer I will try the location again and see what turns up. It's worth a try just maybe I will be rewarded for the effort.
Unsure if it will help, but I've read that hunting after rain is beneficial to depth because of increased conductivity in the ground with the extra hydration.

Unsure if it will help, but I've read that hunting after rain is beneficial to depth because of increased conductivity in the ground with the extra hydration.[/quote]

The best tip ever IMHO. It has been true for me the best coin hunting has been after a rain. Go fishing before the storm and dirt fishing after it rains is my plan for this year.