Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO HITS COINS IN EXTREMELY TRASHY AREA

husb2230

HUNTED A RODEO ARENA FOR ABOUT AN HOUR BEFORE WORK. UNDER THE BLEACHERS,VERY TRASHY FOIL PULL TABS ETC FOUND THE NICKEL AT ABOUT 4 INCHES JUST LIKE IT SITS IN THE PICTURE......... BETWEEN 2 PULL TABS.....................GOT 3 #'S 51,56,53 THE 56 WAS THE NICKEL..................ALSO FOUND 2 PENNIES AND 2 QUARTERS ALL CLAD 1 QUARTER IS 1965 MISSED IT BY 1 YEAR........THEY WERE IN AMONG THE TRASH BUT THE PRO HIT ON THEM........................THE 65 WAS ABOUT 5 INCHES, THE OTHERS ABOUT 4 INCHES........IT'S AMAZING HOW THE PRO HITS TARGETS IN AREAS LITTERED WITH TRASH............................WAS HUNTING IN PRO MODE ZERO........................... IRON AUDIO OFF.TOTAL 57 CENTS..........LEARNING EXPERIENCE PRICELESS

Nice finds and I agree with you on how the at pro picks out good targets surrounded by trash it truly amazes me.

It is never about the money. It is definitely about the experience. Getting use to the pro mode can be difficult,
But using pro mode really see's around the trash to the coins.

I have discovered you must go very slow in trashy areas. If you do, you can really hear the coins come through.

It seems to me the AT Pro is a dime and quarter magnet. finding nickels is a little more tedious. Nickels
Come in at 51 or 52 VDI in my area. Pull tabs are in that range also. You have to listen and watch the VDI
To get those nickels.

I have about 100 hours on my Pro and I'm still learning the machine. Learning is the key. None of us are
Going to get rich metal detecting. To me it is the experience of never knowing what is under your coil until you see it.
The next neat thing is to find a coin then look around at how difficult it really is to find a dime in a park or area that
May be as much as a 40 acre field. that is when you realize there is a lot of luck and skill combines in this hobby.

Congrats. It really feels good picking out those coins among trash, doesn't it?

It's really not amazing though. The DD coil is, practically speaking, a 2.5 inch x 11 inch searchcoil, in terms of the vertical width that it can detect in. It's only logical that a smaller total search area means less total targets. Mathematically, it means the 8.5 x 11 DD coil covers about 28 square inches of surface ground at a time, while a standard 9 inch searchcoil covers about 63 square inches. The super sniper 4.5 inch searchcoil has about 16 square inches of coverage. The smaller the area the coil covers, the fewer targets.

If you consider the X, Y, Z area of the detection field of the DD versus a coax, the difference between detection fields as compared to a traditional coil is even greater.

- Muddyshoes