Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Back from OBX yesterday............ this was the trip from hell !!!

Mark ( ohio )

Got down there last fri evening right in the middle of tropical storm ( whoever..) torrential rain 40-50 mph wind gusting higher at times. and pitch black. Sat surveyed the beach and not a single cut to be see, but loaded with black sand everywhere. Shells out the wazoo thinking some thing good may have washed up. Only 2 good days weather wise, all the others were clouds, rain and wind. I put in about 10-12 hrs of actual detecting and came away with a whopping 16 cents.................... and 15 50 cal. bullets and 1 shell casing for those bullets. Did find a large shipwreck spike ( heavy iron and around 7 inches long ) and 1 ship wreck coin still unidentifiable . Its copper about the size of a half dollar. What was very interesting is it had wool flannel material ?? stuck to both sides of the coin, like it was in a pocket purse or pants pocket ?? I pulled back the material to expose the coin. Will start to look more closely at any markings on it..

Believe me, a good time was NOT HAD by all. Mark ( ohio )

Oh Ya, the nox 600 with the tony Eisenhower headphones worked perfectly and so did the cz20/21 .. no falsing on either and the nox is one deep machine.

Got down there last fri evening right in the middle of tropical storm ( whoever..) torrential rain 40-50 mph wind gusting higher at times. and pitch black. Sat surveyed the beach and not a single cut to be see, but loaded with black sand everywhere. Shells out the wazoo thinking some thing good may have washed up. Only 2 good days weather wise, all the others were clouds, rain and wind. I put in about 10-12 hrs of actual detecting and came away with a whopping 16 cents.................... and 15 50 cal. bullets and 1 shell casing for those bullets. Did find a large shipwreck spike ( heavy iron and around 7 inches long ) and 1 ship wreck coin still unidentifiable . Its copper about the size of a half dollar. What was very interesting is it had wool flannel material ?? stuck to both sides of the coin, like it was in a pocket purse or pants pocket ?? I pulled back the material to expose the coin. Will start to look more closely at any markings on it..

Believe me, a good time was NOT HAD by all. Mark ( ohio )

Oh Ya, the nox 600 with the tony Eisenhower headphones worked perfectly and so did the cz20/21 .. no falsing on either and the nox is one deep machine.
Sorry to hear about the crappy trip. I’ll be curious to see what this round copper object is. How do you like the audio on Eisenhower headphones? I have only read about them. How much of an improvement (audio wise)over the stock headphones?

Thanks. Didn't have a clue.
Having never set foot in the oceans.
I blame that on JAWS. 😆
You are safe - He dead - 1975 - good ol’ Brody took him out with a bullet to an oxygen tank. 😂😂 It’s safe to return to the water 🤭

There's a few left.
This is a drone pic by Pensacola beach.
IMG_20220711_054335266.jpg

Sorry to hear about the crappy trip. I’ll be curious to see what this round copper object is. How do you like the audio on Eisenhower headphones? I have only read about them. How much of an improvement (audio wise)over the stock headphones?
The sound is excellent and the wind blocking earcups is also great... way better than the JUNK bilsons that come with the cz20/21. 30 mph wind had no effect on the T E headset

The sound is excellent and the wind blocking earcups is also great... way better than the JUNK bilsons that come with the cz20/21. 30 mph wind had no effect on the T E headset
Thank you for your response. I have high frequency hearing loss in both ears and the main reason I was inquiring.
I know they are “pricey” and was wondering if it’s worth the upgrade.

Thank you for your response. I have high frequency hearing loss in both ears and the main reason I was inquiring.
I know they are “pricey” and was wondering if it’s worth the upgrade.
Pricey ?? no more than a set of waterproof grey ghost I feel the price was reasonable. I don't know what you would be updating from??

Pricey ?? no more than a set of waterproof grey ghost I feel the price was reasonable. I don't know what you would be updating from??
The standard wireless headphones that came with the 900 😂

That’s the breaks Mark when at the beach… storms can help or hurt things.. the week I was a Va. Beach, I got very few signals at the surf line… most of my finds including the two gold rings came from dry sand..
Sounds like you made a couple interesting finds though and gave it a good try!!

That’s the breaks Mark when at the beach… storms can help or hurt things.. the week I was a Va. Beach, I got very few signals at the surf line… most of my finds including the two gold rings came from dry sand..
Felix, I gave it my best shot believe me. A couple of days I was the only knucklehead out on the sand as far as anyone could see !! 30 mph winds seem to discourage people from the sand, ( not sure why tho ) ?? One stretch for around 45 minutes I didn't hear a single peep, not even iron ! I hunted in AM with the nox and the sens set to just about max. It did run flawlessly I must say. All those 50 cal bullets rang in at 28/29 so after the 3-4th one I already knew what to expect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about cleaning/soaking the coin to see what type of ID I might see come to light ??

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about cleaning/soaking the coin to see what type of ID I might see come to light ??
If it’s copper, try lemon juice.