Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:cam: 1930 " THE IRON CLAW "

TennBob

HELLO ALL i found this a long time ago. just fount out what it WAS!!! a 1930s handcuff THE IRON CLAW:surprised:

Got some cool relic last sat,4/11/14 some civil war finds too spencer cartidge , pocket knife parts, and this hold saddle stirrup:csflag:and 1942 war nickel.

thank for l@@king

1954streetrod bob east tn,

Those are some very nice finds Bob, the V3i makes a great relic hunter in addition to a coin machine.

A handy old time Police tool. Also referred to as a come along... When it was placed on a prisoners wrist all the officer had to do was twist the handle. It tightened up and the prisoner begged to come along if the officer would just release the pressure a little. Used till the late 50's and maybe some 60's early years.Took em down to their knees . Very effective deterrent to resisting arrest in it's day.
Reverse it, and hold the cuff part with the fingers over the shaft it also worked like brass knuckles when the handle stuck out above and between the officers knuckles...

Those and the little leather sap stick. ( lead encased in a sheath with strap handle) were deemed no longer usable by Officers. They were considered Police Brutality weapons. We had to coddle the prisoners.

Though we did carry PR-24 Billy clubs that worked pretty well too...

Howdy 1954streetrod--

I've never seen anything like that Iron Claw. That's a very neat find! I'm glad that you were able to identify it. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel