Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Digging old bottles on TV

Waterbug

How many of you saw the bottle digging show on "Cash and Treasure" on the Travel Channel last night?
Kirsten got together with a guy named Lou Lambert from San Francisco and they went to the Sacramento Valley area to locate old privy holes.He had done the research with maps,etc and figured about where an old hole was.It was under the parking lot of a business.They then used a ground penetrating radar unit to locate the exact spot,then sawed out sections of the asphalt to get to the dirt.They dug a 12' hole before reaching the bottom.Some real neat bottles came out.Then they went to the guys house to clean them.He had quite a set-up for cleaning the dirt and stuck on stuff from them.The tumbler system he has devised is quite unique.You need to see it to understand.
It was a very interesting show.I many times wish I had kept all the bottles I had dug over the years.
Waterbug

I saw it...
To much equipment,thats the second show like that on the travel channel.They need to show a (regular) dig how its really done, with hard work and sweat.They make it look so easy,and they always talk money thats a no no.The home owners are going to think they have a gold mine of bottles in there yard and not let us dig.Not like it would happen over night but it will.

Do you dig?

Yeah I saw that....She looks different this year....I can't put a finger on it but hey Maybe I saw it on UU-tube or something? :shrug: