Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

explorer 2 is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got my new old explorer 2 wed night from Richard and got to try out today found 1 wheat 4 copper pennies 2 quarters 2 dimes and my first barber, a 1907 dime. I had an etrac and I thought that was good. Maybe I didn't have set up right, but I know this thing is nice. had it set up in ferrous with max sens and most everything maxed except threshhold.

I have the stock coil and it pinpoints real well and and dont even need pinpoint mode. xing the target multiple directions gets pretty precise area. I know i've only used 1 hour but this detector to me just seems too good to be true. Doesn't seem to air test that great but that's ok, It finds silver and clad among the junk and iron. Ready to get a full hunt in. Craig

Congrats on the Barber. Hope you find many more with your new Explorer.

Found my first Barber with the Explorer 2 also (1916). I did add a SEF coil to it and it seems to work much better with that. I just ordered Andys book and am looking forward to getting to know it better.

Congrats on a fine silver :thumbup: There's a lot more where that came from and the explorer will find them.

I,VE HEARD BEFORE THAT THE EXPLORERS DON,T AIR TEST THAT WELL NOT SURE WHY BUT IN REAL LIFE THEY JUST PLAN GO DEEEEEP SO WHO CARES ABOUT THE AIR ITS THE GROUND THAT COUNTS IF THE FINDS WERE IN THE AIR WE WON,T NEED A DETECTOR JUST A SPY GLASS LOL

Great job finding the Barber Dime - they sure are classy looking old coins !

Explorer II's are hot!! I bought a new one in 02 sold it for some silly reason in 2010. I went through a bunch of detectors since then trying to find one that would perform better than the explorer 2 but I have not found it. The only top end detector I haven't tried would be the v3i so I am not sure about it. Anyway, your doing very good.