Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Seated Quarter

osgood

Today had a pleasant surprise. I had early last year with permission detected a large church estate, going back to 1819. Finding only Roosies, and clad I surmised it must have been cherry picked for large silvers. I recently heard it was on the market and had a buyer lined up, but the deal isn

I found only one since 1974. Congrats.

That is a beauty and I love the rays on the older ones, congratulations.

Excellent Post!:clapping: That was some great information about this sport being a "thinking" game...no telling how long that coin would be there if you hadn't come along. Great Find indeed!:clapping: That coin has to be worth some money eh?
Mud

wow that is a beauty! That is certainly on my list to find! - Jim

Now that really is a nice find, I wonder if thear is more thear , and only 3" deep good going on that one

http://www.coinsite.com/coinsite-pf/pparticles/25carray.asp

Congrats Curt, she's a beauty!!

Looks like we both scored our first seated quarters the same year :beers:

Happy hunting,
Brian

Thanks all for looking. It does have some abrasions as it was nestled in a packed dirt and gravel mix, had to like pop it out. Ive had a great year on finds as I know many of you have. We got some nice weather yet, Happy Thanksgiving all, CO

Gorgeous coin and a great story/lesson, too!

Shazam...that is an awesome...I hv been detecting for about a year and 4 months now and had some great finds. I remember telling Mudpuppy that my gaol was a barber series coin and mudpuppy said it's just a matter of time, and not long after that I found one. I can't imagine a seated..One poster in this topic said he only found one in 30 years...I'm saving up for the Minelab Etrac hopefully by spring I will hv it..I think I need a machine to go deeper to increase my odds of finding the WOW factor. Congrats on this great find.

KCH

KC Hunter. Good luck with your machine choice. I remember finding my first barber dime, and barber half dollar and finally the barber quarter, I remember finding my first seated liberty dime, All these were found in the last 3 years I think since I renewed the hobby after about a 30 year break. So hang in there. There is always some luck but it helps to seek out the places documented to be old. With the exception of the barber quarter and the seated dime, the rest including the seated quarter were all found perhaps in less than 5 inches of soil. So most competent near high end machines would of hit them. If you are in completely hunted out areas or area built up a lot perhaps the super high end machines might help find the deepies. But Im always amazed at whats in reach to some of the lesser machines. I use a fisher f75ltd, one I like for a lot of reasons. Good Luck finding the seated. CO

Congrats, that's a real looker preserved by
the wall and almost slipped through the cracks.
Great hunt, way to finish strong!