Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How about that full page ad for XP Deus in W&E?

GKMan

When I was flipping through my new W&E issue this morning I have to say my heart skipped a beat when I saw the the two page XP Deus ad. With the red XP lettering and that being the usual place for the E-trac to be advertised I figured the Minelab folks had announced a new model via W&E .... Of course this all took place in about 2.5 seconds.
It is an impressive design. The wireless capabilities, the option for upgrades via USB, weight, and storage options, would be a welcome addition to the E-trac. However, another battery to recharge would not be fun. Has anyone else thought that it looks a lot like the Star Trek Enterprise when it is all folded up?
Oh well.. I will wait for Minelab's response to the features I mentioned. I have been using Minelabs since I worked with Gary Storm manufacturing the early Excalibur's some of you probably still use so I don't plan on straying to another brand ....yet.

This is the hobby's 'EXOCET missile' that physiologically changes the design and functional ideology of detectors.

If you are soon to be one of the first in the USA to own one, then you will 'blow-away' your competing mates.

Hunted out parks etc?.....Meet the grim reaper. The DEUS.

There's an old English saying which aptly fits its introduction to the USA.

"First in, best dressed" So who'll be the first to sell it, and who to buy?

Look out, here comes the French tornado.

p.s. Eva....(Banditicey)....this will be your dream machine.........

[size=large]p.p.s:- It presently DOES NOT 'out-gun' E-TRAC's SUPERIORITY FOR WET SAND, / IN WATER performance[/size].........TheMarshall

They are selling like hot cakes here in Europe. I've read and been in touch with a few users here (in Europe) and though it goes deep it seems to lose VID at around 8"-10" (depending on your ground) but does have a good sound beyond that. The VID's get a bit jumpy at depth.

It is especially favored on small cut quarters and such. Just do a google search regarding my VID and depth comments, as well as a youtube search.

Very nice in iron. Where as it uses raw recovery speed (as the T2/F75'S and other XP units do), the E-Trac uses fast recovery speed and some apparently clever programming to pull out coins in iron. (The E-Trac is not as fast as my V3i was, but the E-Trac does better in iron.)

Nice unit though and I almost got one cause of the weight as well as the packing ability (since I use my bike quite often.)

EMS

I give them kudos for its design....Once we get more in the states it will be interesting to see the results.

It will be interesting to see which manufacturer here will be first to introduce the Deus new competitor, as sales will suffer. Any thoughts?

yup its expensive and made for the UK market small hammered coin etc...totaly diff hunting than the US so time will tell, for me its not something i would buy.

BP

SwampeR said:
It will be interesting to see which manufacturer here will be first to introduce the Deus new competitor, as sales will suffer. Any thoughts?

I really don't think in this economy that sales are going to suffer. I think more people are going to look for one unit that can do it all or perhaps 2 lower to mid priced units). I love the E-Trac there, but weight is a problem. When a lightweight (e.g. Deus) that is multifrequency (e.g. - New Fisher CZ) comes along and performs as well as top of the line units do now (e.g. - E-Trac, F75, etc.) and gives E-Trac depth, F75/lightness, etc. Then look out. My money is on the new Fisher CZ due out at year end - don't ask me anything about that ;-)

EMS

CZ sounds nice cant i ask some questions :unsure: do you know if Dave J is involved on that machine?

BP

probably fisher with their new multi design due out this year!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

wow! sounds great! just curious! is this company traded publicly?
caus' if it is ,i want in! terrific description!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

i see Dave hasn't lost his sense of humour :bouncy: well we will see what comes , watch that space as they say,

BP

I've been using the XP Deus for a while under various conditions and different applications . . . I'd be happy to answer any questions that might be out there on the unit and how it performs.

There is a thread started on the Metal Detecting forum that can be referred to or new questions can be posted here.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?18,1650684

Andy Sabisch

I am strongly thinking about pulling the trigger on getting a Deus. This machine has been winking at me for a while but the 3 batteries don't sound appealing to me, especially after I found a google image of someone who opened up his damaged coil. The battery in the coil was a lower capacity lipo pack and the guts of the coil didn't look too awesome or sturdy to me. I have heard nothing but great things about this machine and I have to be careful when I have a few glasses of wine these days as I have been really tempted to get one of these. I am just waiting a bit to give XP the opportunity to work out the quirks and then I will get one. Its not a question of if, but rather of when for me. If anyone on here has one, please give us more feedback, thanks. HH -Marc

As far as postings on the build, be sure you are looking at the CURRENT build and not when they first came out . . . remember, they have been out for 2 years now just not imported into the US. Some of the videos that are out there and shortcomings they call out on bottle caps reading good and not rejectable were made in the 2010 time frame. If you look at the screen in the videos you can see it was not the Version 2.0 whcih is now out there. XP also moved to a new facility and the build quality is no longer an issue. So not sure what quirks you have been seeing but make sure you are looking at the current versions of the the Deus being shipped.

I have a fair number of hours swinging one in a wide range of ground conditions up and down the East coast and can answer questions with that caveat in mind . . . . let me know.

Andy Sabisch

The DEUS has been out now in the UK and Europe for over a year now, and it's been reviewed by every owner and his dog.

This detector needs no third party plaudits really, for the man who designed and produced it WAS A DETECTORIST who new what he wanted.

Alain Loubet

So several years ago he began his quest. To build a 'no bulshit' detector that even a baby in diapers could use.

His XP range became synonymous with its 'audio only' user interface, and simplistic efficiency.

The UK's user

I have a question or two for you Andy ..... OK, 4 questions.

How does it compare to the E-Trac on the beach in wet sand and in the water (salt free lakes etc) ?

Does it out perform the E-Trac when detecting objects in iron infested area's, including the beaches ?

Does it out perform the E-Trac on depth in wet sand / salt water beaches ?

What is the optional accessory that's needed to use the coil in the water ? I ask because in the manual it mentions that an optional accessory is required !

Hope this answers your questions . . . . . . and as most of you know, I have more than a few hours on the Explorer and E-Trac so my comparisons have some basis . . . .

How does it compare to the E-Trac on the beach in wet sand and in the water (salt free lakes etc) ?

On inland beaches (lakes, rivers, etc.) it is a very smooth detector and when the 18kHz is selected, it can hit small gold better than any detector I have used except for the Tesoro's which are known for their sensitivity to small gold. I pulled a fine gold anklet out with the Deus that the E-Trac could not see but I think that most people would agree that the Explorer or E-Trac are not known for sensitivity to tiny gold objects . . . . . . now larger rings are a different story and anyone that has dug a class ring with the E-Trac at 14+" knows that to be the case.

Does it out perform the E-Trac when detecting objects in iron infested area's, including the beaches ?

The recovery rate on the Deus - which is adjustable over a wide range - and the ability to vary the level of iron rejection / identification has the edge over the E-Trac or the Explorer . . . . and the feedback from users in the UK and Europe bear that out in that they are making great finds in high iron sites. The coil can be swept nearly "competition hunt" fast even in high iron without missing a target. The question tacked on the end about beaches goes back to the type of beach; i.e., inland or ocean . . . more on that below

Does it out perform the E-Trac on depth in wet sand / salt water beaches ?

This is one area where FBS and BBS stands out from the crowd and even XP will admit that while they have a salt beach mode with different range ground balance, you will not get the same depth as a Minelab in areas where you have heavy concentrations of black sand . . . . no way to sugar coat that but if you are using a Minelab BBS / FBS detector for beach hunting most of the time and deal with black sand, the Deus will not give you an advantage . . . . . .

What is the optional accessory that's needed to use the coil in the water ? I ask because in the manual it mentions that an optional accessory is required !

The coil is waterproof but since it is transmitting from the coil (this is where the signal processing takes place), you need an antenna-type device which attaches to the coil to ensure the signal reaches the control box and / or the headphones which are kept out of the water. Pretty elegant yet simple solution to address this but if you want a detector that is just as home in the park as it is waist deep in the water, this attachment will give you that capability.

Let me know if this answered your questions

Andy

Andy, thanks for the answers, helped alot. I think I'll stay with my E-Trac based on that info above.

Now I have one more question, but you might not have tested this, I'll ask anyway, as I am sure others would love to know too.

As I own another Minelab detector, this being the X-Terra 705 with a selection of coils, my question is.........

The 18kHz setting on the Deus, is it as good as the X-Terra 705 using one of the 18.75kHz coils or better in detecting small gold items in any enviroment ?

So Andy...you are traveling and come upon a nice old park somewhere in the Northeast that you have never seen or heard of before ... What detector are going to use? How about the same scenario at a colonial home site? Of course this is after you have received any required permission to detect :)