Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ID FOR GOLD RINGS

sgtm8411

I typically dig any signal thas is between 9-15 FER / 2-6 CON. hoping that it is a gold ring (I have an exp SE). I typically dig alot of junk but i really dont want to miss any gold rings.. What numbers do you guys typically see on gold rings???

HH Mike

I am not familar with the double numbers but it is according to how much trash you are willing to dig in the quest for gold rings. Idealy if you are hunting beaches is to dig everything from the lowest foil reading up to zinc. If you hunt in pea gravel do the same thing. Gold rings can show up anywhere on the screen or any number combo so it is hard to nail down exact meter readings but you can modify your search method from the above to something to make it easier, realizing that you may miss some rings.
If the area you search has the new style pulltab in abundance, simply ignore them when you get their signal. The foil range up thru nickel which is just under where the new pulltab hits, is a good area of the screen to dig, there are probably more thin gold rings lost than bigger ones and the thin ones are hard to see if it is lost. It is according to your search site, how much trash, what style pulltabs and other alum trash is present.
Another thing to consider is the specific smaller areas of where you are detecting, those smaller areas that may be more prone to have more rings lost. For instance if searching a playground, the area around swing sets, if beach hunting, the area around where volleyball nets were.

Where you detect certaintly makes a big difference.I agree with Steve. Most gold rings lost are thin ladies rings. But of course who wears the most rings......ladies.....Jack

I found the 14-k my first gold but I dug a lot of trash .Here is some pics but the # can chang some when in the ground........Hobby:......shrug:.....PS dont tell any one this is topsecret

Andy Sabisch indicated in a test he did that his ratio was 84% of the rings found registered as TRASH:

Tin foil 38%
Rect Pull tabs 30%
Round pull tabs 16%

Good book, I have had that book a long time, I recommend the book, for that one page it would be worth getting.

When i got my DFX there were some excellent and very techinal books out there. Does the Auzzies just not want this info out there or do we not have anyone out there willing to write a good book on the Explores. Andy's book was great as was Jimmy Sierria for the DFX, but for me im more into great books like Jeff Foster writes on the whites equipment. Every one hunts differently and its nice to have a how to book, but different things work for different people. Comeon someone write a book for the SE as indepth as Foster's.

I picked up a woman's diamond ring 18K at 10-07 on the Explorer

dewcon4414 said:
When i got my DFX there were some excellent and very techinal books out there. Does the Auzzies just not want this info out there or do we not have anyone out there willing to write a good book on the Explores. Andy's book was great as was Jimmy Sierria for the DFX, but for me im more into great books like Jeff Foster writes on the whites equipment. Every one hunts differently and its nice to have a how to book, but different things work for different people. Comeon someone write a book for the SE as indepth as Foster's.

You're right. I see many books on other detectors but none written in depth about the Explorer II SE series?? With all the hoopla and success many have with it I am surprised one has not been written yet. Maybe ones in the works?