Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

old fisher 1265 still has it

using my "new" old 1265 in a base ballfield i have covered with the etrac last fall. found the 1944 merc at about 5 inches, wheat at 4 to 5 inches and an old heavy duty dog tag at 3 inches.also found 20 clad pennies, 6 clad dimes. still new to this machine, today was first time out for more than thirty minutes. covered field for 2 hours and this machine pinpoints real well and gets decent depth. I was using high disc on both 1 and 2 disc. knobs because of lots of junk . can't wait to use again. Craig

CRAIGBAILEY said:
using my "new" old 1265 in a base ballfield i have covered with the etrac last fall. found the 1944 merc at about 5 inches, wheat at 4 to 5 inches and an old heavy duty dog tag at 3 inches.also found 20 clad pennies, 6 clad dimes. still new to this machine, today was first time out for more than thirty minutes. covered field for 2 hours and this machine pinpoints real well and gets decent depth. I was using high disc on both 1 and 2 disc. knobs because of lots of junk . can't wait to use again. Craig

You got to love those old machines, you done good, keep it up.
Just one point of interest, I would run your 2 disc at different settings, with them set the same there is no advantage, because they are pretty much the same. It is also my understanding that you lose some depth with the higher disc settings. One suggested setting run disc 1 just above iron and disc 2 just below nickels.

Ron in WV

Thanks Ron I will try out some different discriminations, need a lot more practice with this. i reburied the merc to see how well it would pick up in this red clay where I am. Buried at 6 in (length of leche blade) had a nice soft tone. that's pretty good for that kind of soil. get to hunt again on monday(holiday)
and I hope to find a little more. This spot has been pretty well pounded. Craig

If you think the 1265 will be a main line detector, a good add would be a little coil. You will be surprised at how much you will find in those worked out areas. That trash really takes its toll on those bigger coils and you can pickup a lot of nice stuff where others go. I don't knock deeper, but deeper is not always better. I have had a blast with the little coils, it can really wake up some of those old worked out sites and you still get pretty good depth.

As you can see below I have some nice detectors, but those oldies seem to have special place on the detector rack. I like them.

Ron In WV

Ron, I have the 5 inch I bought from Richard( backwoods) off of ebay. was thinking about the 3 and 3/4 but I thought that might be too small. I haven't tried out the 5 inch in the field yet but will bring with me Monday and work with it. Craig

I just got a 3 3/4" off ebay and it didn't fit my 1266 or the 1270, even though it said it was for 1200 series detectors, the one I bought would only fit the 1220 and 1260. So don't jump on one until you check it out. The connector on mine was male and it just wouldn't connect. I put it back on ebay and here is a link, but don't buy it. Right now I am thinking the 5" is just about the right size.

You got one so plug that sucker in and give it a couple of hours.

Ron In WV
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320658573220&ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT

Great Units!...I have one Real-Hot 1265...It has cleaned up what my Etrac and quite a few other detectors have passed over on more than a few occasions...I run a 10.5 inch spider coil on it mostly...Sensitivity always Cranked, disc 1 = 5, disc 2 = 7 ..Bought a 5" to try out this season....I purchased it new in 1987... Still Love it!

the 1200 series fisher s are dam good machines period they have proven themselves over and over again, the classic hot rod of detectors!

With you on that one Jav, Still an AWESOME machine...

5" does real great on the 1265X, like the 1270 goes deeper then you would think..

The 1200 series Fishers are among the all time greats of metal detectors and still a force to be reckoned with. I would never feel under gunned carrying one. The 1220/1260 take a different coil than the rest of the 1200 series and even they are still fun to use. Enjoy your 1265 and keep us posted on your finds.

Andy/Memphis said:
i have a 1260 would be interested in the coil

I sent you a PM about the little 3 3/4" coil I have. Let me know if you are still interested.

Ron In WV

Totally agree Ron..............

Anybody here run one of the 1200's with the 5"x10" coil on it? if so how did it do?

Mark

CRAIGBAILEY said:

That looks like a military dog tag (notch in the corner) can you make out any information on it (like a name)

Mark

Does the 1265/1266 have ok discrimination?? Ive read sometimes when the disc knobs are turned up high,
iron/junk will sometimes still break through????

The 1265X has great DISC, naturally a large piece of iron will be hard to get, I use the 1265X for year and never had a problem with iron(nail screws bottle caps)
also very rarely did I go higher then nickels( Don't DISC them out) on the DISC 1. SEN was almost MAX'ed with the knob pulled out. Found tons of coins and Jewery.