Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Short hunt in the tall grass

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
It has been really wet here and the options are getting limited, so I headed to a house site in hay production. The grass was 1 to 2 feet tall so getting the coil down was a chore. The small coil on the Manticore did the trick, 20 minutes in and out popped this Fattie Indian. This one had to be a fresh drop with all the details remaining.

Attachments

• 20240517_195257.jpg
    20240517_195257.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 20240517_195314.jpg
    20240517_195314.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
Nice find…. Too bad the ground is not kinder to them.
Those were tough hunting conditions, but your persistence paid off for you!

It has been really wet here and the options are getting limited, so I headed to a house site in hay production. The grass was 1 to 2 feet tall so getting the coil down was a chore. The small coil on the Manticore did the trick, 20 minutes in and out popped this Fattie Indian. This one had to be a fresh drop with all the details remaining.
Nothing wrong with a thick lady. Congrats.

Very nice IH !!

Very nice! (y)
Years ago I went to hunt the back of a park where the grounds were not cared for in the area to get to the back where there were trees, brush and a creek where there used to be a swimming hole. As I got toward the back the grass/weeds were getting taller and taller but decided to try swing the coil from there working my way toward the creek swimming hole - I know what you mean working tall grass. Not easy but pressing the coil down into it and swinging (working) the coil back and forth will sure tire the arm very soon but I found stuff laying down in the tall grass/weeds - it was wet with the early morning dew. Enough finds that I was wore out before I made it to the creek swimming hole so next trip to the same place I just hit the swimming hole first then worked my way back in the tall stuff - mostly junk, few coins but remember I found a clean like new buck knife. Also a err ahh big sex toy I wasn't about to pick up :cautious: No I wasn't going to pick it up and maybe someone see me with that thing in my hand o_O

Nice find Jeff man Indians are scarce here in Ct considering they were minted 50 years ! Thats a old one to.
Mark

Jeff, way to be persistent in the tall grass and get the oldy. Great find.
Years ago, when I was really nuts, I would lay down a 4x8 sheet of plywood in 3-4 feet of grass at old farm permissions and stand on it and swing so I could initially isolate some signals. That paid off a few times.
Grass length makes a heck of a difference on what you pull as every inch counts for depth.
Dave

Jeff, way to be persistent in the tall grass and get the oldy. Great find.
Years ago, when I was really nuts, I would lay down a 4x8 sheet of plywood in 3-4 feet of grass at old farm permissions and stand on it and swing so I could initially isolate some signals. That paid off a few times.
Grass length makes a heck of a difference on what you pull as every inch counts for depth.
Dave
Thanks Dave
Depth and target separation, this site is a wreck with iron from an old house.