Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tigershark

A

Anonymous

I have a problem with the coil connection on my Tigershark. It sometimes gives me falsing followed by a solid beep. I can fix it by pressing the connection to the box to one side or the other so i assume its just not connecting right. My question is, does anyone know an easy at home fix for this? I'd rather do that than send it in for such a small problem.

Disconnect the cable from the brain box and make sure there isn't any tiny foreign matter (grains of sand, stray moisture, evil voodoo rays, etc.) mucking up the connection between the pin and the box. Blow on the coil connector and then gently rap it against your knee, and maybe even use a magnifier of some sort to make sure the pins are clean. Then take the brain box and ***gently*** pop it against the palm of your hand to see if there's any tiny foreign matter stuck in the holes. Then reconnect tightly and then test to see if you're getting any falsing.
If you aren't and this seems to have taken care of the problem, you might want to cover the part where the coil-brain box connector join with a length of electrical tape to ensure that the little stuff stays out. If you are getting the same falsing, then it would be wisest to send it to the factory for service.
Scott

I'll run a loop over the connectors and see what i see then give it a blast of compressed air from one of those computer cleaning kits. Good idea, thanks again.

Check to make sure there's no moisture mixed in with that compressed air. Moisture and electronics don't mix that well.
For some reason, I keep thinking that th last time I shot some of that canned air onto the back of my hand, there was a wee bit of wetness there -- probably because I had the little nozzle extender thingamajig you stick into the spray button (like on cans of WD-40) placed right next to my skin. When I held the nozzle thingamajig further away, there was no feeling of moisture, so maybe hold the nozzle not right ip against the brain box connector and/or give the connector a few minutes to air-dry just to be sure.
Scott