Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I also do not use the BC or GS settings at all, I can generally tell if it is a steel bottle cap by wiggling the coil back as the coil leaves the target when wiggling back if it is a steel bottle cap you will get an iron grunt or scratchy sound when pulling the coil back off of a target if it is a good target the iron grunt or scratchy sound will not be there, it will be a good tone all the way when your coil leaves the target, the BC only works on steel bottle caps is what I have noticed the aluminum caps it does not work on is what I have noticed and experienced

as for the GS in my testing of it, it can and will cost you good targets, Nokta does advise to only use the GS only if you absolutely need to use, if you do chose to use the GS use it sparingly, there is a reason that Nokta cautions against using the GS setting

watch this video below and you will get an idea of what I was saying

Last edited:
I use it in most of the public parks I hunt just to save time doing all the stuff mentioned above to discern good or cap targets , especially in parks where there are new visible bottle caps just laying on the surface. Happy to see the "no glass containers" regulation is so stringently followed by the loyal citizens(n). In experimenting a little I have found that at 4 the BC signal becomes really broken and ratty sounding so makes determination very easy , at 8 even the new ones pretty well disappear ,even the ones right on the surface , but high conductive coins still sound off with vigor.