Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

11th Gold ring found with Tesoro Compadre 5.75"

deliveryboy

This is the ring in my previous post (Tesoro forums) where I thought I threw it away while sorting. Found a few weeks ago in a park field while just roaming freely. I set it aside while waiting for my newly ordered diamond tester to arrive (BTW the diamond is real) :clapping:

Ring stamped P14k which at first i thought was "Plated" but after research I found it was
Google said:
"Plumb" or true 14K gold It is a mark indicating exactly 14 karats of gold, no less, no more. A mark of quality.

The ring was smashed flat when I dug it up, I tired to straighten it but unfortunately cracked it below the diamond. Anyhow thanks for looking once the weather gets cooler here in AZ I hope to add to my gold collection. :) Happy Hunting!

Originally found with Compadre 5.75" coil on "Iron" discrimination approximately 3" deep! Found it the second time with my eyes and determination. :)

Couldn't get camera to focus for some reason today, sorry for poor quality.
D5rID4Q.jpg

iKa8aMi.jpg

y10K2yW.jpg

A cheap and dirty way to check if a diamond is real, is to hold it under a black light. If it flouresces (shows a different color, such as green, read, yellow, etc), then it's a diamond. And if its a real diamond, then the mount is also almost certainly real precious metal - gold or platinum, etc. Real diamonds are rarely mounted in silver.

There is no diamond substitute that flouresces, including Moisanite, which fools the common heat tester.

However, if it does not flouresce, that does not mean it's not a diamond. Very high quality diamonds do not flouresce. If such a stone is mounted in 14k gold or above, then it's probably real, unless it was replaced with a fake for some reason. If it's mounted in silver or base metal, then almost certainly its not real. If its mounted in 9,10, or 12k...unlikely a sizeable stone of high quality would be mounted in a low carat ring. Probably a CZ.

thanks for that tip Scaupus :)